East Zone score 314/4 against South Zone on Day-1
Published: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018
Islami Bank East Zone, riding on a century by national coloured batsman Shamsur Rahman, scored 314 runs for 4 in 90 overs in the first innings on the first day of the four-day 2nd round match of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) at the Shaheed Kamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, the East Zone made a good start scoring 92 runs in 24.3 overs in the opening stand by Shamsur Rahman and Rony Talukder.
Shamsur Rahman hammered a polished 153 off 228 balls hitting 17 fours and two sixes while Rony Talukder scored 78-ball 53 runs with the help of seven fours and one six.
Besides, number five Tasamul Haque was in batting with 47 runs off 104 balls featuring four boundaries, number six Yasir Ali remained not out on 26 runs off 47 balls, including four boundaries, while one down Mahmudul Hasan scored 63-ball 21 with two hits to the fence.
South Zone captain veteran spinner Abdur Razzak grabbed three wickets for 111 runs while Fazle Mahmud took one for 10 runs.
In the other match, BCB North Zone were trailing by 148 runs with nine wickets in hand against Walton Central Zone on the first day at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogura on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, Walton Central Zone were all out cheaply for 220 runs in 62.5 overs in the first innings despite one down Abdul Mazid and Shuvagata Hom scoring 91 runs in the 5th wicket stand.
Number three batsman Abdul Mazid contributed team highest 76 runs off 145 balls hitting 13 fours and one six, number six Shuvagata Hom made 66-ball 48 runs featuring eight fours and lower order Mosharraf Hossain scored 54-ball 34 runs.
Ebadat Hossain, 24-year-old right arm medium pacer from Moulvibazar, claimed his career best six wickets for 51 runs while national coloured all-rounder Ziaur Rahman took two for 35 runs.
In reply, BCB North Zone opened the first innings and scored 72 for one in 15.1 overs to trail by 148 runs when the bails were drawn for the first day.
Opener Mizanur Rahman and one down Farhad Hossain were in batting with 34 and 31 runs respectively. Shahidul Islam took the lone wicket for 24 runs.
- ‘Gas supply’ in Capital suspended tomorrow
- No unity in Oikya Front: Information Minister
- PM for girls’ vocational education
- JP`s proposal to ensure safe Eid- journey
- Trump and Abe do diplomacy over golf and sumo
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- Maritime ports advised to lower signal
- Close aide of Smriti Irani shot dead
- Cricket on moving ship! Video Viral
- Bangladesh achieve unique success in power services
- Temperature may rise (1-3)°C
- President returns home after 11 day
- Modi appointed as India’s PM for second term
- Bangladeshi shot dead in US
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Old warhorse Malinga keeps Sri Lanka dreaming
- Tigers to face Pakistan this afternoon
- S Africa to meet Windies today in WC warm-up
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Facebook plans cryptocurrency launch next year
- Don’t want to continue as CM, Mamata tells party
- `Special session` will be held with different arrangements
- Messi wins his sixth European Golden Shoe
- Bangladesh take on Pakistan in 1st warm-up tomorrow
- President to return home tomorrow
- Mannan leaves for Bangkok tomorrow
- Tk 20 labor cost for per mount rice in govt warehouse
- Road crash kills 3 in B`baria
- Experts seek bank’s effective role to develop entrepreneurs
- Ramadan: The best time to pay zakat
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Highest power generation recorded
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!