East Zone score 314/4 against South Zone on Day-1
Published: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018
Islami Bank East Zone, riding on a century by national coloured batsman Shamsur Rahman, scored 314 runs for 4 in 90 overs in the first innings on the first day of the four-day 2nd round match of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) at the Shaheed Kamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, the East Zone made a good start scoring 92 runs in 24.3 overs in the opening stand by Shamsur Rahman and Rony Talukder.
Shamsur Rahman hammered a polished 153 off 228 balls hitting 17 fours and two sixes while Rony Talukder scored 78-ball 53 runs with the help of seven fours and one six.
Besides, number five Tasamul Haque was in batting with 47 runs off 104 balls featuring four boundaries, number six Yasir Ali remained not out on 26 runs off 47 balls, including four boundaries, while one down Mahmudul Hasan scored 63-ball 21 with two hits to the fence.
South Zone captain veteran spinner Abdur Razzak grabbed three wickets for 111 runs while Fazle Mahmud took one for 10 runs.
In the other match, BCB North Zone were trailing by 148 runs with nine wickets in hand against Walton Central Zone on the first day at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogura on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, Walton Central Zone were all out cheaply for 220 runs in 62.5 overs in the first innings despite one down Abdul Mazid and Shuvagata Hom scoring 91 runs in the 5th wicket stand.
Number three batsman Abdul Mazid contributed team highest 76 runs off 145 balls hitting 13 fours and one six, number six Shuvagata Hom made 66-ball 48 runs featuring eight fours and lower order Mosharraf Hossain scored 54-ball 34 runs.
Ebadat Hossain, 24-year-old right arm medium pacer from Moulvibazar, claimed his career best six wickets for 51 runs while national coloured all-rounder Ziaur Rahman took two for 35 runs.
In reply, BCB North Zone opened the first innings and scored 72 for one in 15.1 overs to trail by 148 runs when the bails were drawn for the first day.
Opener Mizanur Rahman and one down Farhad Hossain were in batting with 34 and 31 runs respectively. Shahidul Islam took the lone wicket for 24 runs.
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- ‘Chemical’ evidence found in Churihatta fire incident
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP