Brahmanbaria train crash
Each victim’s family to get Tk 1 lakh, injured’s Tk 10000
Published: 01:31 PM, 12 November 2019 Updated: 01:34 PM, 12 November 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Railways Minister Advocate Md Nurul Islam Sujon said the families of each of the dead victims will be given Tk 1 lakh as compensation from the railway ministry and Tk 25,000 from the district administration. Besides, the injured will get Tk 10,000 from the ministry, the Minister added.
The Railways Minister made the announcement at 11:00 pm on Tuesday after visiting the accident site. Secretary of Ministry of Railway Md Mofazzal Hossain, Director General(DG) of Bangladesh Railway (BR) Md Shamsuzzaman and Senior officials of the ministry were present at the time.
Shariful Alam, senior information officer of railways ministry, confirmed the information. The Railway Minister is also in touch with the concerned over the treatment of the injured, said Shariful Alam.
Meanwhile, the railway minister expressed profound shock and sorrow at the tragic death in Brahmanbaria train mishap that killed at least 16 people and injured many others.
In a condolence message, the minister prayed for eternal peace of the departed souls and expressed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Gazipur fan factory fire kills 10
- Govt working to make armed forces more modern: PM
- Hasan urges foreign journos to project Bangladesh dev
- Saifuddin desperate to make a comeback
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Road crash kills woman in Capital
- UCBL- Sylhet Range Police sign agreement
- Pepper-water mixture relieves throat sore in two minute
- Road accidents kill 2 in Mohanpur
- Why Mushfiqur included IPL auction?
- HC rules against illegal rail crossings
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Philippines
- Buy 1 Saree get 1 kg onion free!
- JU adorned with Victory joy
- Motorcyclist killed in Rajshahi
- NZ volcano: Death toll rises to 16 with two still missing
- National Memorial prepared for Victory Day
- Shabnur returns!
- Dry weather likely over country
- 14 killed in Nepal bus crash
- Man held with 600 bottles of phensedyl
- Former Sudan President sentenced to 2 years detention
- List of 10,789 Razakars published
- Tourist attractions in Sylhet
- Coutinho hits hat-trick as Bayern rout Werder Bremen
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard