EU to continue to work with Bangladesh
Published: 10:42 PM, 5 March 2019
European Union (EU) Ambassador to Bangladesh Rense Teerink has said EU wants to continue to work with Bangladesh for mutual benefits.
“We want to continue to work with Bangladesh for mutual benefits,” the EU ambassador told Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina when she paid a courtesy call on the PM at her Jatiya Sangsad Office here this evening.
German Ambassador in Dhaka Peter Fahrenholtz was present at the meeting.
After the meeting, PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters.
Teerink said EU is one of the biggest export destinations of Bangladesh and both sides are being benefited from it. “We are keen to boost up trade relations with Bangladesh,” she said.
Mentioning that the EU is a big development partner of Bangladesh in education sector, she said, “We also want to continue this cooperation.”
The German envoy highly appreciated Bangladesh’s tremendous development under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
“Facing so many challenges, Bangladesh has been progressing to become a middle-income country,” he said.
In this connection, the premier said, “There was a big challenge for us to develop the country as the Awami League remained out of power for 21 years and all those years were ruled by the military dictators overtly or covertly.”
Highlighting Bangladesh’s tremendous development in different sectors, the prime minister said after forming the government in 1996 Awami League opened everything to the private sector for speedy development of the country.
While talking about the last general elections, Sheikh Hasina said Awami League secured landslide victory in the polls as the people particularly the women and young people in large number gave vote to the party due to the country’s massive development over the past 10 years.
“We were reelected as the people want to carry forward the development spree in the country,” she said.
Referring to BNP’s debacle in the polls, Sheikh Hasina said it appeared from the election campaign of the BNP that the party was not interested in the elections.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects