ERC condemns Suu Kyi
Published: 10:40 PM, 14 December 2019
European Rohingya Council (ERC) has strongly condemned Aung San Suu Kyi for taking a stand against the Rohingya in the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
In a written statement on Friday, the organization condemned Suu Kyi; news - Anadolu Agency
In 2017, protests around the world started over the Rohingya genocide. To the UN, the Rohingya are described as the most oppressed group in the world. Myanmar State Counselor Suu Kyi repeatedly ignored the Rohingya's call for justice for the peace.
In a written statement, The ERC says Suu Kyi has failed to acknowledge the serious crimes committed by the army under her watch. Besides, she has given priority to political position on human rights, justice, accountability, and responsibility.
Suu Kyi and his legal team did not even mention the word Rohingya when presenting their country to the international court. Even, they couldn’t show signs of justice and accountability there. On the contrary, she only talked on behalf of her army. She also denied the Rohingya massacre her troops, including the commander-in-chief of the Myanmar army, Min Aung Hlings.
The ERC, meanwhile, urged international community and human rights organizations in Gambia, Canada, the Netherlands, and Myanmar, as well as international community and human rights organizations, to support the Rohingya for "justice and accountability."
In November, Gambia filed a lawsuit against Myanmar as a representative of the OIC, a Muslim states' body. The case is being handled by the country's Justice Minister and Attorney General Abubakar Mari Tambadu. And State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi contested on behalf of Myanmar.
The ERC urges the European countries to support the Gambia. They also called to reach the genocide issue at a critical and unbroken stage.
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- Immune discovery may treat all cancer
- Farmer’s smile in vegetables farming
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack