EED implements Taka 1958.49-cr projects in Rajshahi division
Published: 08:35 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:35 PM, 27 November 2018
Education Engineering Department (EED) has implemented 4684 schemes involving around Taka 1958.49 crore in the last ten years in all eight districts under Rajshahi division.
“Currently, we are implementing 719 other development projects with an estimated cost of around Taka 300.63 crore,” said Shamsul Huda, Superintending Engineer of EED, while talking to DailyBangladesh here Monday. He added that implementation of another 388 schemes involving around Taka 162.33 crore is under process.
Engineer Huda says 367 private colleges were developed in order to quality improvement in education with the assistance of information technology. Development of 113 other colleges is progressing. Besides, necessary development of 769 private schools was completed.
Seventy-seven private schools in Upazila Headquarters were transformed into model where there were no government schools. Academic buildings were constructed in 215 madrasahs and construction works in 36 others are going on. Thirteen schemes were implemented with financial support from the Islamic Development Bank aims at enhancing the madrasah learning environment.
Twenty-five schemes were implemented and twenty-one others are progressing under the development of post-graduation government colleges at district headquarters for improving quality of education. Maintenance and renovation related 2677 schemes were implemented and 234 others are progressing fast.
Twenty-three schemes were implemented in the establishment project of Pabna Science and Technology University at a total cost of Taka 75.67 crore.”We are going to construct seven technical schools and college in seven upazilas with an estimated cost of around Taka 104.57 crore,” Engineer Huda informed.
Implementation works of two schemes have been completed and three others are progressing under the project of strengthening of education engineering department through establishment of head office and district level offices.
New academic buildings were constructed in both public and private institutions and 177 other works are progressing fast. Furniture supply related 275 schemes were implemented and sixty-seven other works are advancing.
Seventy-two secondary education sector investment programs were implemented and sixty-one others being implemented at present. Five teaching quality improvement in secondary education projects were also implemented.
Engineer Shamsul Huda mentioned that the educational institutes in the region got a new look amidst the infrastructural developments. In the past, works on the educational institutions were only renovation-based. Now, multi-storied buildings are being constructed to modernize the institutions both in urban, semi-urban and rural areas.
- Broccoli farming gains popularity ground in Rajshahi
- Man held with 3,245 Yaba in C’nawabganj
- Dry weather likely over country
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- National Training Day today
- 22nd span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- Rohingya genocide: ICJ to announce verdict today
- Child’s age 100yrs for denying to bribe
- 3 Allahor Dal activists held in Gaibandha
- 14 dengue patients undergoing treatment in country
- ‘Madhu Mela’ to begin Thursday in Jashore
- Pertamina lube launches business in Bangladesh
- Regal Furniture displays 50 new products at DITF
- Serena triumphs but errors frustrate
- Khagrachhari man to die for killing wife
- Iran calls on Saudi Arabia to hold talk
- US-Bangla adds 6th ATR aircraft
- Baul songs bear no relation to arrest of singer: PM
- Youth detained with yaba in Chapainawabganj
- AL MP Ismat Ara Sadique laid to rest
- National Training Day on Thursday
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- 18 important centers among 2 cities: EC Secretary
- 36 killed in Burkina Faso terrorist attacks
- Ex-Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar in Dhaka
- Five disabled in ultra-poor family
- EC should take steps over attack on Tabith: Quader
- Tigers left Dhaka for Pakistan
- 19 injured in bus mishap
- Youth detained with 132 stolen mobiles in Narayanganj
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- Arrest warrant against Prothom Alo Editor
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj