EED implements Taka 1958.49-cr projects in Rajshahi division
Published: 08:35 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:35 PM, 27 November 2018
Education Engineering Department (EED) has implemented 4684 schemes involving around Taka 1958.49 crore in the last ten years in all eight districts under Rajshahi division.
“Currently, we are implementing 719 other development projects with an estimated cost of around Taka 300.63 crore,” said Shamsul Huda, Superintending Engineer of EED, while talking to DailyBangladesh here Monday. He added that implementation of another 388 schemes involving around Taka 162.33 crore is under process.
Engineer Huda says 367 private colleges were developed in order to quality improvement in education with the assistance of information technology. Development of 113 other colleges is progressing. Besides, necessary development of 769 private schools was completed.
Seventy-seven private schools in Upazila Headquarters were transformed into model where there were no government schools. Academic buildings were constructed in 215 madrasahs and construction works in 36 others are going on. Thirteen schemes were implemented with financial support from the Islamic Development Bank aims at enhancing the madrasah learning environment.
Twenty-five schemes were implemented and twenty-one others are progressing under the development of post-graduation government colleges at district headquarters for improving quality of education. Maintenance and renovation related 2677 schemes were implemented and 234 others are progressing fast.
Twenty-three schemes were implemented in the establishment project of Pabna Science and Technology University at a total cost of Taka 75.67 crore.”We are going to construct seven technical schools and college in seven upazilas with an estimated cost of around Taka 104.57 crore,” Engineer Huda informed.
Implementation works of two schemes have been completed and three others are progressing under the project of strengthening of education engineering department through establishment of head office and district level offices.
New academic buildings were constructed in both public and private institutions and 177 other works are progressing fast. Furniture supply related 275 schemes were implemented and sixty-seven other works are advancing.
Seventy-two secondary education sector investment programs were implemented and sixty-one others being implemented at present. Five teaching quality improvement in secondary education projects were also implemented.
Engineer Shamsul Huda mentioned that the educational institutes in the region got a new look amidst the infrastructural developments. In the past, works on the educational institutions were only renovation-based. Now, multi-storied buildings are being constructed to modernize the institutions both in urban, semi-urban and rural areas.
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- Why lightning often strikes twice
- Nojibur terms SMEs as driving force of economy
- West Bengal-Uttar Pradesh will made Delhi’s `Throne`: Mamata
- Judicial probe into cops’ role in Nusrat murder
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Eid train tickets to be available at 6 spots: Minister
- AL’s joint meeting tomorrow
- `Nusrat killing could be avoided if action taken in prior cases`
- Severe monitoring over market in Ramadan: Tipu
- BAF holds Junior Command, Staff Course certificate ceremony
- PM donates Tk 35 lakh to actor Ahmad Sharif
- Advice to take Subir Nandi abroad
- Mannan calls for investment in solar energy
- Bangladesh, Brunei likely to sign 7 MoUs
- Destiny recovrerd Boishakhi TV’s ownership
- Sri Lanka announces WC squad, dump Chandimal
- 6.1-quake causes light damage in Taiwan capital, east coast
- Nusrat murder: Shamim put on 5-day remand
- Scientists discover 220 million-year-old dinosaur fossils
- Housewife burnt to death in Chattogram
- 3 doctors for 1.5 lakh people
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt now single, says judge
- NZ official hid camera in embassy toilet
- Suffering of cancer patients in Cumilla
- PM orders continued review of disaster preparedness steps
- Rajib’s death: report on May 22
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Bangladeshi man jailed in UK for murdering wife
- Youth killed in ambulance-covered van collision
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Messi rested for United as Barca draws 0-0 at Huesca
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder
- Google takes on ‘Africa’s challenges’ in Ghana
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Three robbers lynched in Feni
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Tofail asks DUCSU leaders to work for all students
- Nation set to celebrate Pahela Baishakh tomorrow
- Julian Assange faces five years in jail
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- 8 killed as bus falls into Joypurhat ditch
- Nusrat murder: ‘Shampa’ Poppy arrested
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- Autopsy of Nusrat completed, body handed over
- Jute mill workers go on 96-hour strike
- Messi coming to Dhaka
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- Mild quake jolts Ctg, Bandarban
- Pahela Baishakh being celebrated
- Swecchasebok League leader found dead in Savar