EED implements Taka 1958.49-cr projects in Rajshahi division
Published: 08:35 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:35 PM, 27 November 2018
Education Engineering Department (EED) has implemented 4684 schemes involving around Taka 1958.49 crore in the last ten years in all eight districts under Rajshahi division.
“Currently, we are implementing 719 other development projects with an estimated cost of around Taka 300.63 crore,” said Shamsul Huda, Superintending Engineer of EED, while talking to DailyBangladesh here Monday. He added that implementation of another 388 schemes involving around Taka 162.33 crore is under process.
Engineer Huda says 367 private colleges were developed in order to quality improvement in education with the assistance of information technology. Development of 113 other colleges is progressing. Besides, necessary development of 769 private schools was completed.
Seventy-seven private schools in Upazila Headquarters were transformed into model where there were no government schools. Academic buildings were constructed in 215 madrasahs and construction works in 36 others are going on. Thirteen schemes were implemented with financial support from the Islamic Development Bank aims at enhancing the madrasah learning environment.
Twenty-five schemes were implemented and twenty-one others are progressing under the development of post-graduation government colleges at district headquarters for improving quality of education. Maintenance and renovation related 2677 schemes were implemented and 234 others are progressing fast.
Twenty-three schemes were implemented in the establishment project of Pabna Science and Technology University at a total cost of Taka 75.67 crore.”We are going to construct seven technical schools and college in seven upazilas with an estimated cost of around Taka 104.57 crore,” Engineer Huda informed.
Implementation works of two schemes have been completed and three others are progressing under the project of strengthening of education engineering department through establishment of head office and district level offices.
New academic buildings were constructed in both public and private institutions and 177 other works are progressing fast. Furniture supply related 275 schemes were implemented and sixty-seven other works are advancing.
Seventy-two secondary education sector investment programs were implemented and sixty-one others being implemented at present. Five teaching quality improvement in secondary education projects were also implemented.
Engineer Shamsul Huda mentioned that the educational institutes in the region got a new look amidst the infrastructural developments. In the past, works on the educational institutions were only renovation-based. Now, multi-storied buildings are being constructed to modernize the institutions both in urban, semi-urban and rural areas.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’