ECNEC okays 7 projects
Published: 10:01 PM, 10 December 2019 Updated: 10:56 PM, 10 December 2019
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) on Tuesday approved seven projects in its 12th meeting of the current fiscal year with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair at the NEC Conference Room in the city’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar area.
After the meeting, Planning Minister MA Mannan said that a total of seven projects were approved involving an overall estimated cost of Taka 9,241.25 crore.
Of the approved seven projects, five are new while two revised.
The Planning Minister said the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh under the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Tourism has been implementing the project which is now expected to be completed by June 2025.
The main project operations include an extension of the existing Airport as well as meeting the future demand of air traffic and thus ensuring international standard security for this Shahjalal International Airport.
According to the Planning Commission, the passenger handling capacity of this airport is now 8 million per year and the number of passengers is expected to reach 14 million by 2025 and 24.8 million by 2035.
The feasibility study conducted by the Yooshin (Korea)-CPG-(Singapore)-DDC (Dhaka) JV, suggested that the terminal, runway and cargo facilities of the airport be upgraded to meet the growing number of passengers and cargo transport.
The main project operations include construction of a 3rd passenger terminal having a space of 2,30,000 square meters with 115 check-in counters, 64 departure immigration, 64 arrival immigration, 27 baggage ex-ray machines, 40 cabin ex-ray machines, 12 boarding bridges, 16 conveyor belts and 11 body scanners.
Besides, there will be new car parking facility for 1230 vehicles, 63,000 square meter new import and export cargo complex, 5,42,000 square meter parking bay for 37 aircraft, connecting taxiway works and rapid exit taxiway works alongside land development and other necessary works.
The design for the airport has been slightly changed under this project as the VVIP terminal would now be attached to the main terminal building.
The Planning Minister said the current HSIA is now under pressure due to the increasing air traffic and that is why the Airport is being extended.
He said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the meeting asked the authorities concerned to discourage the trend of visiting foreign countries of the project officials time and again.
The other projects approved in the meeting are Construction of Chancery Complex at Islamabad, 3rd revised by additional cost of Taka 15.34 crore, Upgrading Ramu-Fatehkharkul-Morichhya National Highway to due standard and width with Taka 266.17 crore, Upgrading Keraniganj to Hasara of Munshiganj National Highway to due standard and width with Taka 409.05 crore, Upgrading the Kushtia portion of Jhenidah-Kushtia-Pakshi-Dashuria Highway to due standard with Taka 574.17 crore, Upgrading Nageshwari-Kashipur-Fulbari-Kulaghat-Lalmonirhat district highway with Taka 99.35 crore and infrastructure development of three colleges at Dhaka, Madaripur and Rangpur districts with Taka 88.58 crore.
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse