ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
Published: 09:09 PM, 22 October 2019 Updated: 09:18 PM, 22 October 2019
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) on Tuesday approved five projects involving Tk 4636.80 crore. Of this, the government funding will be available at Tk 1 thousand and 476.04 crore and the rest of the Tk 3 thousand 160 crore and 76 lakhs will be funded from the foreign project assistance.
The approval came from the weekly ECNEC meeting held at the NEC conference room with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Planning Minister MA Mannan briefed reporters after the meeting.
Planning Minister MA Mannan said that a total of 5 projects were approved today involving an overall estimated cost of Taka 4,636.80 crore. “Of the total project cost, Taka 1,476.04 crore will come from the state exchequer while the rest of Taka 3,160.76 crore from project (foreign) assistance.
The projects include Multipurpose Disaster Shelter Project (MDSP) of LGRD and Cooperatives Ministry, Construction of Chancery Complex in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia under Foreign Ministry, Upgradation and Rxpansion of Important Tegional Highways (Rangpur zone, 1st revised), Development of Darshana-Mujibnagar Regional Highway and construction of Chashara-Khanpur-Hajiganj-Godanile-Adamjee EPZ Road of Road Transport and Bridges Ministry.
Cabinet Secretary, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, secretaries of the ministries concerned and high official concerned were present at the meeting.
The ECNEC approved the 1st revision of the Multipurpose Disaster Shelter Project with an estimated cost of Tk 3,170.76 crore aiming to protect the people of coastal areas from various natural calamities, the planning minister said.
Mannan said some 556 cyclone shelters are being built under the project which will be mainly used for conducting activities of primary education and other academic purposes.
He said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the meeting asked the authorities concerned to ensure necessary access roads, reservoirs for preserving rainwater, toilets and storerooms in those cyclone centers to ensure maximum facilities for the beneficiaries.
Under the project, there will also be the vertical and horizontal expansion of some 450 cyclone shelters and there will be the construction of some 182 km access road and construction of 656 meters of bridges and culverts.
The ECNEC approved the project to set up a chancery complex in Jeddah of Saudi Arabia with an estimated cost of Tk 208.79 crore to facilitate the operation of the Bangladesh mission there.
The planning minister said the operation of Bangladesh mission in Jeddah is currently run in a rented house, but Jeddah is commercially very important for Bangladesh for which the chancery complex will be built there.
Bangladesh Consulate General in Jeddah will implement the project at Bogdadia of Jeddah by September 2023, he said.
The chancery complex building will be a three-storey one with a space of 6,354 square meters. Besides, there will be officers’ residential building having a space of 6,060 square meters, staff residential building having a space of 6,300 square meters.
The Prime Minister asked the authorities concerned to ensure free access of the expatriate Bangladeshis to the chancery complex there once it is built, Mannan said.
She also stressed the need for keeping all necessary amenities like spacious sitting arrangements, toilets and water facilities there considering the huge number of expatriates there.
Sheikh Hasina also underscored the need for further reducing the delay in the processing and implementation of development projects.
It okayed the upgrading important regional highways into due standard and width (Rangpur Zone), 1st revised with Tk 993.90 crore, development of Darshana-Mujibnagar regional highway with Tk 149.83 crore and construction of Chashara-Khanpur-Hajiganj-Godnail-Adamjee EPZ Road with Tk 113.52 crore.
In addition, the ECNEC approved a proposal for increasing the timeframe of the Establishment of National Institute of Laboratory Medicine and Referral Centre (2nd revised) without increasing its cost.
- Sexagenarian man crushed under train
- Amanda nuts, magical solution of wrinkle
- Aromatic rice varieties delight Rajshahi farmers
- Spain routs Romania 5-0 in its last qualifier for Euro 2020
- Italy beats Armenia 9-1 for biggest win since 1948
- Lemon’s peel can help your hair raise
- Padma Bridge’s 2.5-km now visible
- Indefinite truck strike from tomorrow
- The Fig tree of Surah At-Tin growing in Khulna
- Messi recused Argentina a 2-2 draw with Uruguay
- Dhaka-Mymensingh route gets normal after 3hrs
- Dry weather till tomorrow morning
- 3 people including gunman in Oklahoma Walmart shooting
- Sanjeeb Chowdhury’s 12th death anniv today
- How to increase smartphone storage
- PM returns home today
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- President assents to three bills
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- Nusrat released from ICU, family dismisses drug overdose rumors
- Sacks of onion at landfill
- Tamim becomes father again
- Taylor Swift can sing her old hits at awards show: Ex-label
- Bus strike in 5 southwestern districts
- Top listed robber Alam killed in Pekua gunfight
- 5 Hizb ut-Tahrir members placed on 3-days remand
- 2 killed in Hyderabad reactor explosion
- 14-party alliance meets today
- 6 including 4 Indian soldiers killed in Kashmir avalanche
- 15 killed in north China mine blast
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Tigers opt to bat
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Firefighters who saved house, apologise for drinking milk
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- 3 including loco master, director of Turna suspended
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- The voyage home: Japan’s Hayabusa-2 probe to head for Earth
- PM blames Ziaur Rahman for Rohingya crisis
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Fire burns Rangpur Express (Video)
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- 43 Students received ‘Quran’ as gift
- Abrar murder: Chargesheet submitted against 25
- Happy Birthday to legend of Bengali Literature
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS