ECNEC approves Patuakhali naval base,15 other projects
Published: 12:56 PM, 3 January 2018 Updated: 09:20 PM, 3 January 2018
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) approved 16 projects, including establishment of a naval base in Patuakhali, to ensure security for Payra Port in Kalapara.
The ECNEC approved the projects, involving Taka 5,221 crore, at its 13th meeting of the current fiscal year with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair at the NEC conference room in city`s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar area on Tuesday.
After the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal informed this. He said, A total of 16 projects were approved at the meeting with an overall estimated cost of Taka 5,220.83 crore.
The Planning Minister said, of the projects, a project titled ``Establishment of BNS Sher-e-Bangla Patuakhali` with an estimated cost of Taka 1,081.50 crore was taken in a bid to turn Bangladesh Navy into an international standard naval force in line with the Forces Goal 2030.
He said the BNS Sher-e-Bangla Patuakhali would be set up at Lalua adjacent to Payra port under Kolapara upazila in Patuakhali with the entire project cost will come from the GoB portion.
"Of the total project cost, Taka 4,744.12 crore will come from the GoB portion, Taka 13.83 crore from the organisation`s own fund while the rest of Taka 462.88 crore from project assistance, " the Planning Minister added.
The Ministry of Defence, Bangladesh Navy and the Engineer in Chief Section of Dhaka Cantonment will implement the naval base project from June 2018 to June 2021.
Of the approved projects, 15 are new while another one is a revised project.
- Made in Bangladesh’ expo in Qatar from Jan 28
- Telenor drops Huawei for Ericsson in 5G contract
- Boucher named South Africa head coach
- Queen Elizabeth looking for social media expert
- Homemade natural ‘Body Lotion’
- Sylhet Thunder’s losing streak continues in BBPL
- Six essential tips for bride
- ERC condemns Suu Kyi
- Salah double seals Liverpool win over Watford
- Zia was Moshtaque’s most trusted man: PM
- Traffic direction for Dhaka bound vehicles on Dec 16
- Razakars list to be released Sunday
- RAB-10 detained 2 with Yaba
- Security beefed up for Victory Day celebration
- Victory day traffic guidelines in capital
- Fire erupting from manhole in Dhaka
- No player will be forced to tour Pakistan: Papon
- ‘Stern curbing if chaos created for Khaleda’s bail’
- Bangladesh satisfies over Gambia’s efforts
- Three dead in Nepal bomb blast
- Navy ships to remain open for all on Victory Day
- PIB organizes dialogues on women and children
- Sabina Yasmin’s new song on Victory Day
- 2 arrested with 6 stolen CNG auto-rickshaws
- Martyr intellectuals showed us the way: Humayun
- JaPa paid homage to martyred intellectuals
- Riyad hails Shakib as a ‘player of one generation’
- China’s 5G handsets shipments top 5 mln in November
- AL pays homage to martyred intellectuals
- Saudi strives to develop secrete relations with Iran; reports WSJ
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash