ECNEC approves Chilmari River Port, 9 projects
Published: 04:00 PM, 8 June 2021 Updated: 04:42 PM, 8 June 2021
ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina presided over the 26th meeting of the 2020-21 fiscal year by joining the video conference from Ganabhaban in the capital on Tuesday; Photo: PID
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) today has approved 10 projects. The total cost of the projects has been estimated at Tk 6,651.34 crore.
ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina presided over the 26th meeting of the 2020-21 fiscal year by joining the video conference from Ganabhaban in the capital on Tuesday.
On the other hand, concerned ministers and secretaries were present in the NEC conference room in the capital’s Agargaon.
After the ECNEC meeting, Planning Minister MA Mannan briefed at a press conference.
The projects approved by ECNEC are –
1. “Construction of 27th-km of Nalua-Baherchar Bridge over Pandab-Payra River on Laxmipasha-Dumki Road (Z-8044) in Barishal (Dinerarpool)” project.
2. “Madhupur-Mymensingh National Highway (N-401) Upgradation to Proper Standards and Widths” project.
3. “Chilmari (Ramna, Jorgach, Rajibpur, Rowmari, Nayarhat) River Port Construction” project.
4. “BPATC’s Training Capacity Building (1st Amendment)” project.
5. “Modernization and Expansion of Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons” project.
6. “Preservation of right bank of Jamuna River and strengthening of Betil Spar-1 and Enayetpur Spar-2 in Brahmangram-Hatpanchil and adjoining areas under Shahjadpur upazila of Sirajganj” project.
7. Rehabilitation of Tangon Barrage, Buri Dam and Bhulli Dam Irrigation Projects in Thakurgaon District.
8. “Construction of River Bank Conservation and Integrated Water Control Infrastructure” project.
9. “Development and Enhancement of Agricultural Seeds through Biotechnology” and “Construction of Modern Paddy Silos (First-30) with Drying, Storage and other Ancillary Facilities in Different Parts of the Country” projects.
10. “Bakhrabad-Meghnaghat-Haripur Gas Transmission Pipeline Construction” project.