ECNEC approves Boropukuria-Kaliakoir 400KV Line Project
Published: 05:31 PM, 27 February 2019
ECNEC meeting held on Wednesday at the NEC Conference Room with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina chair
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) approved a big project to set up double-circuit 400 KV transmission lines to extend the high voltage power transmission infrastructures in the northern part of the country at a cost of Tk 3,322.34 crore to import power from India, Bhutan and Nepal in future.
The approval came from the ECNEC meeting held on Wednesday at the NEC Conference Room in the capital’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar area with ECNEC chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing the reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister MA Mannan said that a total of 13 projects were approved on Wednesday involving an overall estimated cost of Tk 12,459.79 crore.
MA Mannan also said, “Of the total project cost, Tk 9,481.77 crore will come from the GoB portion, Tk 154.45 crore will come from the organization’s own fund while the rest Taka 2,823.58 crore from project assistance.”
Of the approved 13 projects, 10 are new while three others are revised projects.
The Planning Minister said, “Once the transmission line project is implemented, it will be possible to import power from Indian 1600 MW Power plant to be set up by Adanai Group at Jharkhand.”
The imported power will be later transmitted to Sylhet, Chattogram and other parts of the country from Kaliakoir.
“The Power Grid Company of Bangladesh Limited (PGCB) under the Power Division will implement the project by June 2022,” Mannan added.
Of the total project cost, Tk 1,424.26 crore will come from the GoB portion, Tk 153.44 crore from the organization’s own fund while the rest of Tk 1744.62 crore as project assistance under the Indian $2 billion Line of Credit.
The main project objectives include setting up the transmission line for evacuating power from the proposed 2 x 800 MW power plant to be set up at Jharkhand in India by Adani Group.
The main project operations include erection of 120 kilometer 400 kV double-circuit transmission line from Boropukuria to Bogura, erection of 140 kilometer 400 kV double-circuit transmission line from Bogura to Kaliakoir, extension of two 400 KV AIS bay at the 400/230 KV power substation at Kaliakoir, and extension of two 230 KV AIS bay at Parbotipur 230 KV switching station.
Once the project is completed, it will also be possible to import power from Nepal and Bhutan through this transmission line in the future.
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- WASA’s 11 corrupt source found
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Indictment hearing in Barapukuria graft case deferred
- Man to die for killing wife in Rajshahi
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court