ECNEC approves 10 projects worth Tk 2500cr
Published: 03:16 PM, 28 July 2021 Updated: 04:19 PM, 28 July 2021
Prime Minister and ECNEC Chairperson Sheikh Hasina virtually presided over the ECNEC meeting held at NEC Conference Room from Ganabhaban; Photo: Collected
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) has approved 10 projects including the construction of three underpasses on the Dhaka-Chattogram highway. The total expenditure for the implementation of these projects has been estimated at Tk 2,575.42 crore. Of this, Tk 2,150 crore will be spent from government funds and Tk 425 crore from foreign loans.
The approval was given at the ECNEC meeting held at the NEC conference room in the capital’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in the capital on Wednesday.
The meeting was virtually presided over by the Prime Minister and ECNEC Chairperson Sheikh Hasina from Ganobhaban. After the meeting, Planning Minister MA Mannan and State Minister for Planning Dr. Shamsul Alam briefed the journalists.
The approved projects are:
- The two projects of the Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges – ‘Construction of 3 underpasses on Dhaka-Chattogram National Highway and U-loop construction project at Paduar Bazar intersection’ and ‘Upgradation of District Highways to Appropriate Standards and Widths (Mymensingh Zone) (1st Amendment)’ project respectively.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs ‘Bangladesh Chancery Building Construction Project in Canberra, Australia’.
- Ministry of Science and Technology’s ‘Modernization and Expansion of Services and Research Facilities of the Institute of Tissue Banking and Biomaterial Research’ project.
- Ministry of Women and Children Affairs’ ‘District Based Women Computer Training (64 Districts) (3rd Amendment)’ project.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s ‘Establishment of Complete Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Unit at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University’ project.
- Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Co-operatives ‘Iron Bridge Reconstruction/Rehabilitation in the southern part of the country (1st Amendment)’ project.
- Ministry of Water Resources ‘Project to preserve the left bank of Padma River at various places under Louhajang and Tongibari upazilas of Munshiganj District Downstream of Padma Multipurpose Bridge’.
- The Ministry of Expatriate Welfare and Overseas Employment’s ‘Assist in Creating Employment in the Informal Sector for Reintegration of Returning Migrant Workers’ project.
- Ministry of Industries’ ‘BSCIC Food Processing Industrial City, Thakurgaon’ project.
Planning Minister MA Mannan, Agriculture Minister Dr. Md. Abdur Razzak, Information and Broadcasting Minister Dr. Hasan Mahmud, LGED Minister Md. Tajul Islam, Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni, Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun, Health Minister Zahid Maleque, Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi, Fisheries and Livestock Minister SM Rezaul Karim, Environment, Forests and Climate Change Minister Md. Shahab Uddin and others participated in the meeting.