EC sent letters to 6 officers over not taking nomination papers
Published: 01:48 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 01:48 PM, 5 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The Election Commission (EC) has sent a letter to the six Returning Officers asking them the reason for not accepting nomination papers for the 11th parliamentary elections.
They are Divisional Commissioner of Dhaka and Deputy Commissioner of Brahmanbaria, Narsingdi, Rangpur, Satkhira, and Tangail (DC). They are all returning officers of this election.
In response to seven people, the EC asked them to submit their report.
This information was found in EC sources.
It is learned that Mohammad Qazi Jahangir wanted to be an independent candidate of Brahmanbaria-3 constituency. His complaint was that, on the last day of submission of nomination, on November 28, at 4:40 pm, he went to the Returning Officer’s office, but his nomination papers were not accepted.
Later, he sent a letter to the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda about the matter. That’s why, the EC asked the Returning Officer of the district to submit the report with the reason for not accepting the nomination papers of Golam Rabbani, a candidate of Rangpur-5 constituency.
Meanwhile, Satkhira-3 candidate Abu Yusuf Mohammad Abdullah complained against the returning officer for accepting nomination papers on December 1. Tangail-3 candidate Md Rezaul Karim complained to EC on not accepting nomination papers on November 28.
Dhaka-9 candidate Mirza Abbas and Dhaka-16 candidate Sadakat Khan Fakku complained about not accepting nomination papers. Narsingdi candidate for three seats Abdul Latif filed a complaint against the non-acceptance of the nomination on November 29. The concerned Returning Officers were instructed to submit their report on these allegations.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor