Appeal hearing tomorrow
EC ready to hear cancellation of nomination papers
Trial room placed on election building
Published: 11:11 AM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 11:26 AM, 5 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Election Commission (EC) is making preparations to hear the allegation against the cancellation of nomination papers for the 11th parliamentary elections. A trial room has been placed on the 11th floor of the election building.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) and other commissioners, Election Commission secretaries, and additional district magistrates will be present there.
The hearing will start tomorrow from 10:00 am on December 6, EC officials said.
They said the appellants will be able to bring their lawyers to the hearing. They will move in the same way as a court bench.
According to the EC sources, 318 appeals were made in two days till Tuesday to get the candidacy back. Of these, only 234 candidates from different political parties and independent candidates are appealing to get their candidacy back on Tuesday. And, more than 84 people appealed on Monday.
Meanwhile, an appeal has been filed against the acceptance of nomination papers of Bogura-4 constituency Hafizur Rahman and another candidate Akhtaruzzaman.
However, BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia’s appeal not made in two days.
It is to be noted that the nomination of 786 people was canceled without one percent voter, faulty nomination, profitable post, non-signing of affidavits, non-submission of income tax returns, loan defaulters, convicts, and other reasons.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire