E-passport within 3 days!
Published: 11:38 AM, 4 December 2019
The e-passport (electronic passport) activities will begin in December this month. The e-passport will be issued within seven working days if the police clearance is given and the information is accurate in case of urgent passport application and the very urgent passport will be given within 72 hours or three days.
Meanwhile, the Home Ministry has issued a circular fixing the fee for the electronic passport (e-passport). There will be no need to verify the documents and photos required for the e-passport application.
Based on the e-passport page number, tenure period, delivery fee – the minimum fee without VAT has been fixed at Tk 3,500 and a maximum fee has been fixed at Tk 12,000. However, in case of an urgent passport, it has been fixed for Tk 3,450 including vat and very urgent has been fixed for Tk 6,900 including vat.
Meanwhile, all the activities of launching e-passport are in the final stage. The opening ceremony will be held soon after receiving Prime Minister’s consent by scheduling this month. The Home Ministry sources said the information.
Although there have been talks of opening e-passport before for several rounds, it has been left behind repeatedly. The citizens of Bangladesh were supposed to get the latest e-passport from July 1. Although the initiative was taken in 2017, it could not be done for various reasons. However, depending on the Prime Minister’s schedule for the inauguration, the much-anticipated e-passport is going to be launched any day in the current month.
The cost of the e-passport project has been estimated at Tk 4,569 crore. A long-term agreement has been signed with a German government agency to issue the passport with technical assistance.
The e-passport will have 38 security features. The information currently on the MRP data page will be transferred to the e-passport and the data that will be stored in the passport – will be in the database of other countries of the world. The expiration date for this e-passport will be 5 and 10 years.
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- Immune discovery may treat all cancer
- Farmer’s smile in vegetables farming
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack