E-passport to be launched today
Published: 10:27 AM, 22 January 2020 Updated: 11:49 AM, 22 January 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the e-passport and automated border control management program on Wednesday at Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) in the capital.
On the occasion, President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages - reports BSS.
The e-passport and automated border control management program is being implemented by the renowned German company Veridos GmbH with the cooperation of the Bangladesh Army, Department of Immigration and Passports under the Security Services Division of Ministry of Home Affairs.
The validity of e-passport will be 5 to 10 years. The fee for 48-page and 5-year validity passport is fixed at Tk 3,500 for general application, Tk 5,500 for urgent, Tk 7,500 for very urgent and for 10 years validity, the fee is fixed at Tk 5000 for general, Tk 7000 for urgent and Tk 9000 for very urgent.
For the new passport, it will take 3 days for passport delivery on very urgent application, 7 days for urgent and 21 days for general while for re-issue – it will take 2 days for very urgent application, 3 days for urgent and 7 days for general applications.
Besides, separate fees have been fixed in Bangladesh missions abroad for general applicants, workers and students.
For general application for 48-page five years validity passport, the fee will be $100 and for urgent delivery the fee will be $ 150. For 10 years validity, the fee will be $125 for general application while fee $ 175 for urgent delivery.
The e-passport application form should be filled according to the National Identity Card (NID) or Birth Certificate (BRC). Applicant (under 18 years) who has no National Identity Card (NID), must have the parent’s National Identity Number (NID) number specified.
- One to die, 11 get life term for murder in Kushtia
- Dhaka-Sylhet 6-lane work begins in July
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on March 29
- 9 shops gutted in Chattogram fire
- 16 Turkish fighters killed in Libya
- Donald Trump arrives in India on 2-day visit
- Date of Shab-e-Meraj to be known today
- Mominul departs for 132, Tigers crossed 400
- Sri Lanka opt to bat
- Mahathir Mohamad resigns
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Rain likely at many places
- 3 ACME employees killed in Naogaon road crash
- Bubly will not make any mistakes like Apu: Shakib
- Neymar gets red card in PSG comeback win
- 2 yrs of losing Sridevi, Janhvi remembering mother with best picture
- GP to pay Tk 1,000cr within three months
- Mominul ton, Mushfiq fifty take Tigers past 300
- Shooting at flea market in Texas
- Youth hacked dead in Noakhali
- China reports 150 more coronavirus deaths
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Tigresses faces India today
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight