E-Passport to be launched Jan 22
Published: 02:01 PM, 19 January 2020 Updated: 03:12 PM, 19 January 2020
Long waiting Electronic Passport (e-passport) service is going to be launched finally on 22nd January. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the service at Bangabandhu International Conference Center.
This was stated by Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal at a press conference at the secretariat on Sunday.
The Home Minister said that after the inauguration of the Prime Minister, e-passport will be provided from Agargaon, Uttara and Jatrabari passport centers in the capital. The program will be launched in 72 regional and departmental offices within Bangladesh and 80 foreign missions’ offices out of the country gradually.
He said the e-passport service will be launched in most places of the country within this year.
The minister said the e-passport and automatic border control management project is being implemented by the German company Veridos GmbH, with the cooperation of the Bangladesh Army under the Immigration and Passport Department of Home Ministry’s Homeland Security Services Department.
The e-passport will further enhance the security of Bangladesh's passport. He said passengers using the e-gate will be able to travel abroad easily.
The implementation of this system will improve the quality of Bangladesh passport, he said, adding that it will increase the value of Bangladesh passport in the power racking of global passports. As a result, it will be easier for Bangladeshi citizens to obtain visas from different countries across the world, which will play a vital role in enhancing our national status, economic progress and improving relations in the international arena.
- Excellent puzzled day after 1000 yrs
- Today’s sports on TV
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak today
- AL finalizes nomination for councilor posts in CCC polls
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- Mysterious ship washes up Irish coast
- Diamond Princess passengers disembark after quarantine ends
- 6 girls injured after tree falls in Noakhali
- FIFA cancels planed meeting due to coronavirus
- Walton to export smartphones in US
- Padma Bridge rail route being connected with Trans-Asian network
- Match officials for Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series
- TCB preparing for Ramadan
- Tomato to get immaculate skin
- Mashrafe’s farewell after BAN vs ZIM series!
- Bangladesh to take on Pakistan tomorrow
- ‘Problems can be solved by forming joint working group’
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Soumya to get married this month
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Good news to honey farmers
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Humayun Faridi’s 8th death anniv today