Dutch footballer open eyes after 33 months in coma
Published: 03:52 PM, 27 March 2020
Dutch footballer Abdelhak Nouri open his eyes after 33 months in coma
Dutch footballer Abdelhak Nouri opened his eyes for the first time about 33 months later. He was in a coma for so long and has lost almost three years of his life.
Former Ajax midfielder is now being treated at home after spending nearly three years in a coma, according to his family.
Nouri was with the main club of the Ajax when he was about 20. Considering him, the Nederlands club was planning their 2017-18 season and he was also participating in pre-season preparatory matches.
Nouri suffered a cardiac arrhythmia attack on the pitch during July 2017 friendly, sustaining severe and permanent brain damage caused by a lack of oxygen supply. The 22-year-old woke up a year later but was left unable to move or communicate for himself.
However, his health continued to improve over time even though he was in a coma month after month. As a result, Nouri got back his consciousness after being in a coma for about 33 months.
Nouri's brother Abdur Rahim said, “We talk to him like he’s not sick. We take him into our conversations and we watch football with him in the living room, for example.
“Then he watches. You notice that he likes that very much. He often shows emotions. Sometimes he is emotional but often there is also a smile.
However, his father, Mohammed, is still worried about his boy and wants to take more care of him.
Nouri has played 9 matches from 2015 to 2017. He has also played in all age groups in the Netherlands. If everything went well, he would have made his national team debut.
- 2 killed in Tangail autorickshaw-motorcycle collision
- Online portals to bring under registration soon: Hasan
- Imperial and BBMH declared as dedicated Covid-19 hospitals
- Magura coronavirus cases rise to 20
- Ershad’s ‘Palli Nibas’ under lockdown
- Niloufer Manzur laid to eternal rest at Banani graveyard
- 1,200 Bangladeshis return home from Maldives
- COVID-19 cases surpass 5.6 million globally
- Chandpur coronavirus deaths rise to 13
- Chicken prices drop by Tk 40
- Man hides after knowing he tests COVID-19 positive
- ‘BNP can’t shun politics of criticism, hatred even on Eid day’
- Gopalganj`s COVID-19 cases rise by 13 to 143
- BNP rotating in circle of negative politics amidst corona crisis
- Sri Lanka pacer held on drug charge
- 30 missing as boat sinks in Jamuna
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Motijheel zone ADC Mithu infected with coronavirus
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country
- Nushrat wants to get married!