Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
Published: 03:22 PM, 22 May 2019
Fasting during Ramadan or Ramzan, the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar, is one of the five pillars of Islam.
This is a month of fasting, prayer, and reflection for Muslims. During this time, Muslims refrain from eating or drinking from sunrise to sunset, and strive to avoid thoughts and behavior which are considered to be impure under the tenets of Islam. Muslims believe that the spiritual rewards for this good behavior are increased during Ramadan.
Fasting for the 30 days includes sehri, or suhoor, and iftar. Sehri is a pre-dawn meal, a meal that is consumed early in the morning before the Fajr prayer. Sehri actually means food eaten shortly before sunrise. After eating Sehri, the devotees offered the Du’a of Intent to Fast.
Du’a of Intent to Fast: نَوَيْتُ اَنْ اُصُوْمَ غَدًا مِّنْ شَهْرِ رَمْضَانَ الْمُبَارَكِ فَرْضَا لَكَ يَا اللهُ فَتَقَبَّل مِنِّى اِنَّكَ اَنْتَ السَّمِيْعُ الْعَلِيْ
Eanglish Meaning: “I intend to fast today for the month of Ramadan.”
In the evenings they gather together for Iftar and break their fasts. Before Iftar, the devotees offered the Du’a for breaking the fast.
Du’a for Breaking Fast:اَللَّهُمَّ لَكَ صُمْتُ وَ عَلَى رِزْقِكَ وَ اَفْطَرْتُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا اَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِيْمِيْن
Eanglish Meaning: “Oh Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You, and I break my fast with Your sustenance”
Narrated Sahl bin Sad: Allah’s Apostle (pbuh) said, “The people will remain on the right path as long as they hasten the breaking of the fast.” (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 31, Number 178)
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20