Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
Published: 09:35 AM, 24 April 2019 Updated: 11:57 AM, 24 April 2019
A suspected drug trader was killed in a gunfight with police near Marine Drive road in Teknaf Upazila of Cox’s Bazar early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Dil Mohammad Dilu, son of Makbul Ahmed Prakash Putu of Godarbhil area under Teknaf Sadar UP. There are nine cases including murder and drugs against him.
Pradip Kumar Das, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station, said police in s drive arrested Dilu, a listed drug trader, from the Upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
Later, according to Dilu's information, a team of police along with him conducted a drive at an abandoned fish enclosure in the area to recover arms and Yaba.
When the law enforcers reached there, Dilu’s associated opened fire to police and tried to snatch away Dilu from police, forcing them to fire back.
During the gunfight, Dilu caught in the line of fire and injured seriously.
At first, he was taken to Teknaf Upazila Health Complex and then Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital. However, he died on the way to Cox's Bazar. His Body was kept on Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital morgue.
7,000 pieces of Yaba tablets, six LG gun and 13 cartridges recovered from the spot.
Two policemen - SI Babul Kang and Ibrahim - were injured in the incident.
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- 13.05% pass DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Weather may remain mainly dry
- Son hacked mother to death
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today