Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
Published: 03:11 PM, 11 July 2019 Updated: 07:08 PM, 11 July 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
An accused of multiple cases and a drug trader was killed a gunfight with police in Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar. Three policemen were injured in the incident.
The gunfight took place on Wednesday night at Lengurbeel Mathchara of the upazila.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Malek, son of Makbul Ahammad of municipal’s Old Pollanpara. The injured are Teknaf Model Police Station’s ASI Ramdhan Chandra Das, Constable Abdul Shukkur and Raju Majumder.
“Abdul Malek was arrested on Wednesday afternoon and gave the information on yaba and arms,” said Pradip Kumar Das, officer-in-charge (OC) of Teknaf Model Police Station.
“In information, police conducted a drive at his camps with him. When reaching the spot, Malek’s associates started firing. During this, three policemen were injured. Police also fired back in self-defense. Later, the bullet-hit body of Malek was rescued from the spot and taken to Upazila Health Complex. The physician of the complex instructed to take him Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital for better treatment. There the doctors declared him dead,” the OC also said.
“Two LG, 13 round cartridge, 21 round bullets, and 5000 yaba were recovered from the spot. There are several cases including drug cases against Malek,” OC Pradip added.
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son`s body recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- DU admission test in new method
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque