Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
Published: 03:11 PM, 11 July 2019 Updated: 07:08 PM, 11 July 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
An accused of multiple cases and a drug trader was killed a gunfight with police in Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar. Three policemen were injured in the incident.
The gunfight took place on Wednesday night at Lengurbeel Mathchara of the upazila.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Malek, son of Makbul Ahammad of municipal’s Old Pollanpara. The injured are Teknaf Model Police Station’s ASI Ramdhan Chandra Das, Constable Abdul Shukkur and Raju Majumder.
“Abdul Malek was arrested on Wednesday afternoon and gave the information on yaba and arms,” said Pradip Kumar Das, officer-in-charge (OC) of Teknaf Model Police Station.
“In information, police conducted a drive at his camps with him. When reaching the spot, Malek’s associates started firing. During this, three policemen were injured. Police also fired back in self-defense. Later, the bullet-hit body of Malek was rescued from the spot and taken to Upazila Health Complex. The physician of the complex instructed to take him Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital for better treatment. There the doctors declared him dead,” the OC also said.
“Two LG, 13 round cartridge, 21 round bullets, and 5000 yaba were recovered from the spot. There are several cases including drug cases against Malek,” OC Pradip added.
- Four killed in Kutubdia boat capsize
- 14 gamblers-drug dealers detained in Mymensingh
- Govt to shut 3 crore illegal smartphones
- Myanmar on financial surveillance!
- Pakistan conducts successful missile test
- No high-rise buildings along sea: PM
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- 450 of 1200 posts vacant
- Preparation for Dhaka-10 by-polls completed: Returning Officer
- Rape accused detained in Narayanganj
- BNP`s politics stuck in Khaleda`s illness: Hasan
- Interest of postal saving will be revisited: Kamal
- Teacher takes salary without signing attendance sheet!
- Three robbers detained in Jamalpur
- Mysterious ship washes up Irish coast
- Diamond Princess passengers disembark after quarantine ends
- 6 girls injured after tree falls in Noakhali
- FIFA cancels planed meeting due to coronavirus
- Walton to export smartphones in US
- Padma Bridge rail route being connected with Trans-Asian network
- Match officials for Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series
- TCB preparing for Ramadan
- Tomato to get immaculate skin
- Mashrafe’s farewell after BAN vs ZIM series!
- Bangladesh to take on Pakistan tomorrow
- ‘Problems can be solved by forming joint working group’
- Mehazabien comes with new look
- SC bar association polls on March 11,12
- AL local government nomination board meets today
- Video of principal’s dance in Hindi songs goes viral
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Soumya to get married this month
- Soumya with future wife
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Good news to honey farmers
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Coronavirus: Chinese hospitals discharge 4,740 recovered patients
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation