‘Drug trader’ killed in Mymensingh gunfight after arrest
Published: 09:33 AM, 28 April 2018
A suspected drug trader was killed in a gunfight with Detective Branch (DB) of police in Kala Bazar area of Mymensingh district town early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Kala Chand. Police claimed that he was a drug trader in the area. However, the police didn`t reveal details information about Kala Chand.
Police recovered a sharp weapon and two bullet shells from the spot.
According to a police source, a team of DB police in a drive arrested Kala Chand along with 50 pieces of contraband Yaba tablets and a sharp weapon from Patgudam area around 2 am.
Later, the team conducted another drive on Alia Madrasa road in the area around 2:30 am along with Kala Chand to arrest his associate Siraj.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, a gang of drug traders, numbering 7-8, tried to snatch Kala Chand and opened fire on police, prompting them to retaliate, triggering the gun battle.
Kala Chand received a bullet on his chest and got injured critically during the gunfight. Later, he was taken to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Ashikur Rahman, officer-in-charge of district DB police confirmed the information.
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- Today’s Sports on TV
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- MBBS admission test today
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial