Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
Published: 10:41 AM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 03:21 PM, 25 February 2019
A drug trader was killed in a gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) at Towshara village in Khetlal Upazila of Joypurhat early Monday.
The deceased was identified as Tofazzal Hossain Wazed, 37, accused in dozen cases including drug, hijacking and smuggling cases with Joypurhat and Naogaon Police Station.
Azmal Hossain, commanding officer of Joypurhat RAB-5 camp, said acting on information that a group numbering 4-5 of drug traders were trading drug at Towshara village, a team of RAB conducted a drive there around 2:00 am.
Sensing presence of the elite force, the drug traders opened fire them, forcing the RAB members to fire back, triggering the gunfight that left Wazed injured with bullet.
After the gunfight, the injured was taken to Khetlal Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared him dead.
Two RAB members were also injured in the gunfight.
The elite force recovered pistol, bullet, bullet-shell, magazine and 150 bottles of phensidyl.
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- DU admission test in new method
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque