Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
Published: 08:28 PM, 18 August 2019
Bangladesh all-rounder Mahmudullah Riyad claimed that he has not any clash with anyone else in the national team and insisted the dressing room saga during the World Cup was misinterpreted in the media.
The all-rounder spoke with the media first time after the news broke out during Bangladesh’s three-match ODI series against Sri Lanka that he was involved in a rift in the dressing room.
Mahmudullah didn’t term it totally baseless but said it was projected in different way in the media.
”I think it is better not to talk about those things and so I don’t want to make any comment about it. The only thing I can say is that some of things did not happen the way it was presented and it could have been presented in a different way,” he said here on Sunday.
“I just want to say this much. I don’t think I have any clash with anyone in the team and we all are very good friends.”
The media report suggested that team’s vice captain Shakib Al Hasan wanted Mahmudullah to be dropped during the World Cup after his lack of intent during the run chase against England, to which captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza didn’t comply. Later Shakib, reportedly stayed away from all team meetings.
Mahmdullah however created a shocking scene in the dressing room, behaving ugly towards his colleagues after playing a good innings against Afghanistan which took the team management by surprise, media reports further claimed.
”You can come into the dressing room and see how we talk and make fun among us from juniors to senior. I am trying my hundred percent so that I can stay happily with my team mates and want to do same in future,” he said.
However when he cleared the air about the dressing room saga he also helped team management to heave a sigh of relief by declaring himself, totally fit after recovering from the shoulder injury.
On Sunday he returned to his original bowling action and bowled six overs without any pain, suggesting he is on his way of gaining full-fitness ahead of the upcoming Test and Twenty20 internationals at home.
”I am hundred percent fit. My shoulder range is also better than before, our physio our and Dr. Debashish Da reported that,” said Mahmudullah adding he will try to bowl regularly in the upcoming days.
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?