Dr Kamal to meet press today
Published: 10:28 AM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 10:28 AM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Jatiya Oikyafront chief Dr Kamal Hossain is going to hold a press conference on Saturday about the arrest of opposition leaders and activists and the election atmosphere.
The press conference is expected to be held at the Jatiya Press Club at 3:00 pm.
On Friday, BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir announced this.
“We’ve taken a decision that Dr Kamal Hossain on behalf of the Jatiya Oikyafront will hold a press conference on Saturday,” he told reporters after a meeting of the alliance’s steering committee at BNP chairperson’s Gulshan office.
The BNP leader said police continued to arrest opposition leaders and activists in ‘false’ cases in the old style so that they cannot stay in the field and take part in the election. “Even the candidates are also being arrested as the minimum level-playing field is missing. We want a change in the current situation.”
He said the government must stop the arrest and raid on the houses of opposition leaders and activists, and withdraw the false cases to ensure an atmosphere conducive to fair election.
Fakhrul said the Oikyafront will remain in the election race under any circumstance and carry out its struggle to restore people’s voting rights.
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- Heatwave kills 40 in Bihar in a day
- Journos’ 9th wage-board declaration soon
- Temperature may rise by (1-2)° C
- Pakistan bowl against arch-rivals India
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Momen urges to expedite Teesta deal
- Jail prisoners get high-quality food in breakfast
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight with BGB
- Driver-helper killed as truck overturns
- Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- England wins beating Windies
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’