Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
Published: 10:55 PM, 17 June 2019
Pocket Committee will bring no fruit, commenting that, Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader warned party leaders-activists saying don’t make Pocket Committee with time-servings. Awami League is not a party of opportunists, he also warned.
He said this at a joint meeting of the Dhaka Metropolitan South Awami League and the Dhaka South City Corporation regarding the preparation for the occasion of celebrating the party’s 70th founding anniversary, held at Awami League’s central office on Monday.
Obaidul Quader said, in the bad time, opportunist, will not be found by burning lights. Work for the party's interests. Stand beside dedicated, sick and poor activists.
Calling for not to join the Awami League with patchwork, Quader said, “Do not neglect the dedicated workers. Awami League will not survive if dedicated activists are neglected.”
Referring to connect the young and the newcomers for the boat, the general secretary said that there are no alternatives to collecting members to hold the new for the boat. Membership collection campaign will work like a sharp tool. Those who voted in the boat being attracted to Awami League's election manifesto, they have to be kept up. New person, worker has to be created. The workers are the life of the Awami League.
Responding to a question about BNP leader Khaleda Zia, Quader said, Awami League government is respectful of the court's independence. The government has no objection if the court wants to give bail to Khaleda Zia.
Presided over by Dhaka Metropolitan South Awami League President Haji Abul Hasan, in the joint meeting, Awami League organizing Secretary Mahibul Hasan Chowdhury Naoufel, former Juba League general secretary Mirza Azam and mayor of South City Corporation Sayeed Khokan spoke.
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today