Donald Trump arrives in India on 2-day visit
Published: 02:15 PM, 24 February 2020
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed US President Donald Trump at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport on Monday; Photo: Collected
US President Donald Trump arrives in India at the scheduled time on Monday. His aircraft ‘Air Force One’ landed around 11:40 am at Ahmedabad airport where Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed him.
Before landing India, Donald Trump continuously tweeting one after another – on his departure from the US by ‘Air Force One’, Trump tweeted in Hindi, “We are coming to India. We are on street. Will meet everyone within a moment.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived Ahmedabad on Monday morning to welcome the US President where Modi tweeted to Trump, saying that India is eagerly waiting. Then Trump tweeted in Hindi.
Melania Trump, daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner accompanied Trump on his India tour.
It is learned that Trump will go to Sabarmati Ashram from the airport. He will then attend the ‘Namaste Trump’ ceremony at the Motera Stadium. From there, he will visit the Taj Mahal. After spending a couple of hours there, he will leave for Delhi.
Noted that the US President arrived in India on a two-day visit. India has not lacked in making his visit a memorable one. From security to accommodation – noticeable arrangements have been made in all aspects.
The 22-kilometer long road from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport to Ahmedabad has been bridged in the last few days. Unprecedented measures have been on this long road to welcome the US President. There is a dance-song and a roadshow.
The entire Ahmedabad city has been covered in security. 10,000 police have been deployed. Besides, US Secret Service, National Security Guard (NSG), and Special Protection Group (SPG) also in-charge of security.
- Spain reports 743 new coronavirus deaths in 20 hours
- Voluntary lockdown in Akhaura
- Mahmudullah becomes father of 2nd boy
- Coronavirus death toll tops 75,000
- Woman gives birth ‘on road’ for doctor`s reluctant
- World short of 6 million nurses: WHO
- NSTU extends holiday
- Bangabandhu’s killer Majed lands in jail
- All murderers of Bangabandhu will be brought back: HM
- PM announces incentive for doctors, health workers
- Humayun-Nayar Foundation stands for jobless in B’baria
- 6 India returnees in quarantine in Akhaura
- Malik for 10 more labs to detect Coronavirus
- Foodstuffs distributed among underprivileged people in Feni
- 3 Tabligh Jamaat men infected with coronavirus in Manikganj
- China reports zero coronavirus death
- NZ health minister demoted for ‘breaching’ lockdown
- Milon making film stories at home quarantine
- UN Security Council to hold first coronavirus talks Thursday
- Coronavirus: Sample collected from 6 people in Boalmari
- Tisha calls to combat Coronavirus
- Former Real, Barca, Atletico coach Antic dies
- New York extends shutdown to April 29
- Coronavirus case rises to 164 in country
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Heat wave likely to continue and spread
- Liton Das cooking for wife!
- China reports no new coronavirus deaths for first time
- IU further extends holiday
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus