Doctor crying after working day and night to treat coronavirus patients
Published: 01:41 PM, 28 January 2020 Updated: 01:46 PM, 28 January 2020
The new coronavirus has so far killed at least 106 people and infected more than 4,500 others in China. Hospitals in central China's Hubei Province, the epicentre of the outbreak, are overloaded with patients. Doctors have been working relentlessly to treat coronavirus patients.
More than 500,000 medical workers in the Province have given up their Chinese New Year holidays and returned to their posts to fight the deadly disease around the clock. It has been reported that staff at a Wuhan hospital are wearing adult diapers under their hazmat suits. The province, especially its capital Wuhan, is still facing serious shortage of medical resources.
Recently, video footage went viral on social media, showing a female medical worker in China crying and screaming 'I can't take it anymore' after working day and night to treat coronavirus patients. Colleagues try to console the distressed woman while wearing medical masks.
According to online accounts, the 14-second video was taken in a hospital in Wuhan and captures an exhausted doctor breaking down in an office.
In another video, a doctor is seen having an emotional breakdown over the lack of resources in the hospital. He can be seen in a full-body hazmat suit, face mask and goggles becoming upset over the lack of beds for the patients on the floor.
The doctor is heard saying: "No I don't need more doctors, I already have doctors, the problem is there's no more beds available!" His colleagues try to comfort him but he grows increasingly stressed.
Meanwhile, a separate trending video, posted by a social media user called 'Jing Tang', purports to show a male doctor yelling at a hospital's manager over the phone.
In the video, the man is seen scolding the manager for not helping him out in treating patients infected with the deadly virus. As a result, he had to work non-stop in the lead up to the Chinese New Year, he shouted in the clip.
The original uploader removed the clip from his social media accounts last Thursday. In a post, the web user apologised for publishing the video, explaining that he had not considered its impact his act would bring to the doctor in question.
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Man accused in multiple cases found dead
- India-Pakistan war could kill upto 12 crore people
- Youth having hyacinth, with video
- 90 percent of Syria`s territory now under military control: Russi
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- Two robbers killed in gunfight in Magura
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Gold price hiked again
- Child electrocuted in Nandail
- 8 day-long book fair in Chandpur begins
- Country`s first tulip garden in Gazipur
- No fruits being imported from China: Minister
- Cosmetics worth Tk 50 lakhs destroyed
- HSBC to cut 35,000 jobs
- Remission of sins by milk
- Rajib hanged himself after killing wife
- AC directs to look into matter of wrongful conviction
- Elderly woman killed by husband
- The players became stars from under-19 world cup
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Gunman kills one in Thailand days after mass shooting
- Japan to trail HIV drugs on coronavirus victims
- Trump-Obama’s tweet fight over US economy
- State minister Rahmat Ali buried in Gazipur
- Truck kills child in Bhanga
- 35 held in anti-narcotic drive in Satkhira
- 3 youths arrested with phensidyl in Bogura
- No fruit is being imported from China: Razzaque
- All News »
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Soumya to get married this month
- Heroes return home today
- Soumya with future wife
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- Coronavirus: Chinese hospitals discharge 4,740 recovered patients
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Sundarbans Day today
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Good news to honey farmers
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- Samsung unveils new foldable phone Galaxy Z Flip
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh