‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
Published: 07:22 PM, 8 April 2020
No one is allowed to go to the cemetery and shrine on the night of Holy Shab-e-Barat. At the same time, the concerned people have been requested to close the shrine and the cemetery gate.
The Islamic Foundation of Bangladesh issued a press release on Wednesday requesting the Muslims not to visit the shrines and cemeteries.
Earlier, the Ministry of Religious Affairs had instructed to refrain from attending prayers in mosques to prevent the coronavirus outbreak.
The press release of the Islamic Foundation states that the Holy Shab-e-Barat will be observed on Thursday (14 Sha’ban, April 9). On this night, the Muslim pilgrims observe the festival as a night of good fortune and spend the night through various worships, including Nafal Prayer, Quran recitation, Zikr – in hopes of gaining mercy and closeness of Great Allah.
Coronavirus is becoming terrifying rapidly around the world. Its impact is also visible in Bangladesh. In the prevailing circumstances, people have been asked to observe the Holy Shab-e-Barat by worshipping from the residence at night.
In addition to personal prayers, the Muslim pilgrims of the country are being called for special prayers to the Allah regarding the protection of our beloved motherland, Muslim Ummah and the world from the attacks of the coronavirus pandemic, said the Islamic Foundation.
The press release also states that many people including beggars, poor, helpless, disabled and diseased people gather for help inside the cemetery and shrine. So, there is a high risk of spreading coronavirus infection due to such public gatherings.
In such a situation, the Islamic Foundation has urged the people not to visit shrines and cemetery on Shab-e-Barat and pray for their loved ones from home.
At the same time, the organization has urged the concerned authorities to take necessary measures not to conduct any public gatherings inside and outside the cemetery, including closing the cemetery and the shrine gates.
The press release also said that there were allegations of spreading rumors about coronavirus infection. All were also specifically requested to avoid spreading rumors.
- Temperature may remain unchanged
- Diego Costa sentenced to six months in prison for tax fraud
- Death is everyone`s destiny: Brazil president
- Trump sued for use of teargas outside White House
- Brazil surpasses Italy in COVID-19 deaths
- Harry Potter star Emma responds to criticism
- National cricketers comes with aid for Amphan hit victims
- 12 wounded by Hanuman`s bite in Jashore
- Coronavirus takes over 5000 lives in a day
- Woman’s body found in Bogura
- Boyfriend handed over girl to friends after raping
- Specialized vehicle to collect samples in Tangail
- World Environment Day today
- Father-in-law & mother-in-law injured in son-in-law`s attack
- China to lift ban on foreign flights
- Facebook launches Manage Activity for deleting old posts
- Bangladesh Bank allows employees to work from home
- 7 things must be followed for safe journey
- Another 47 tested positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- 18 more infected with COVID-19 in Jamalpur
- 132 more tested coronavirus positive in Chattogram
- Sylhet reports 60 more coronavirus cases
- Global coronavirus death toll surpasses 393,000
- Fire at Gazi Bhaban in the capital doused
- Govt is working hard to keep people safe: PM
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- Killing of pregnant elephant triggered mass outrage in India
- Transport leaders, workers agreed to stop extortion
- Pakistan’s furious warning to arch-rival India
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare