Dhiraj Kumar Nath passes away
Published: 07:56 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 01:55 PM, 6 January 2018
Former caretaker government adviser Dhiraj Kumar Nath has died at 73, at 5.50pm.
He died at Life Support at Capital`s Labaid Hospital. Nripendra Chandra Debnath, the husband of a niece of Dhiraj conform this.
Nripendra, counsellor at Bangladesh Embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, said on Thursday Dhiraj was admitted to the LabAid Hospital with `severe` respiratory problems on Thursday.
He was put on life support at the intensive care unit (ICU) of the private hospital on Friday afternoon as his condition deteriorated.
Dhiraj Kumar Nath was an adviser to the non-party caretaker government led by President Iajuddin Ahmed in October 2006.
Earlier, he was retired from the Secretary of Rural Development and Co-operation Department.
He was born on January 9 in 1945, in Rafiqpur village of Rasulpur union under Begumganj Police Station of Noakhali District.
After completing the graduation from the University of Dhaka in 1966, he joined as a lecturer in the management department of Noakhali Government College in 1966.
- Millions of people pay tribute to the nation`s best children
- Victory Day today
- Hetmyer, Hope power Windies to 8-wicket over India
- Bowlers, Labuschagne fire Australia to easy win
- Boko Haram kill 19 Nigeria herders in clashes
- Tigers focus firmly on Test cricket amid BBPL festivity
- Housewife’s hanging body recovered in Ctg
- 6 dead in protests against Indian citizenship law
- 24 killed in DR Congo gold mine collapse
- Abid first to score Test and ODI hundreds on debut
- Bubly’s ‘Casino’ Challenge
- Foreign Friends of 1971
- Katabon Market catches fire
- Young found dead in Faridpur
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Gazipur fan factory fire kills 10
- Govt working to make armed forces more modern: PM
- Hasan urges foreign journos to project Bangladesh dev
- Saifuddin desperate to make a comeback
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Road crash kills woman in Capital
- UCBL- Sylhet Range Police sign agreement
- Pepper-water mixture relieves throat sore in two minute
- Road accidents kill 2 in Mohanpur
- Why Mushfiqur included IPL auction?
- HC rules against illegal rail crossings
- We have good bilateral relations with India: Quader
- IUTA election in Islamic University
- Preparation afoot to observe victory day in Khulna tomorrow
- DMP detained 75 in anti-narcotic drive
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Air ticket at Tk 16 on Dec 16!
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Sanna Marin, world’s youngest-serving PM
- Gambia details mass rapes, killings in Myanmar
- 11 Australians missing in New Zealand eruption