Dhaka to Mawa in just 28 minutes
Published: 10:04 AM, 11 March 2020 Updated: 10:28 AM, 11 March 2020
The country’s first expressway connecting Mawa, the Padma bridge area to the capital city Dhaka, will be inaugurated on Thursday materializing the dream of traveling from Dhaka to Mawa just in 28 minutes. Experts believe that there will be a periodic change in the country's road communication in this.
Louhajang UNO Kabirul Islam Khan told Daily Bangladesh, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the first expressway of the country through a video conferencing with the Deputy Commissioner of Munshiganj on Thursday.
He also said that the completed construction of the Dhaka-Khulna National Highway (N-4) from Jatrabari intersection to Mawa including Equria-Babu Bazar link road and Four-lane road from Pacchor Bazar to Bhanga along with side roads for slower vehicles, will be inaugurated on Thursday.
On the same day, the Prime Minister will inaugurate a 6-lane 8-kilometer Karnaphuli bridge approach road under the third Karnaphuli Bridge construction (revised) project, and 25 bridges on Khulna-Barishal-Gopalganj roads under Western Bangladesh Bridge Improvement project respectively.
Construction of the first expressway was started in 2016, for the benefit of the people of the southwest parts of the country. The plan is for the people of the South to enter the capital directly by crossing the Padma Bridge. The spectacular four-lane road of the country's first expressway has made the dream a reality in just three years. Besides, a two-lane service road adjacent to the main road for locals has also been constructed.
The country's first expressway will connect the Asian Highway. There are 4 big bridges, 25 small bridges, and five flyovers and 19 rail overpasses on this route. Ordinary people, including transport workers, express the great relief as the long-standing sufferings of the journey on the route has ended.
Earlier, the 20 km first part of the expressway from Faridpur to Madaripur has been opened for the people. Now, after completing the 35 km work of the Mawa, the scenario will be changed radically.
The locals also said that the southern economy will also be boosted by such development in the communication sector. It will take only 28 minutes to reach Mawa from Dhaka on this new road while the vehicle can have a maximum speed of 150 km per hour.
- La Liga season would have ended if Real Madrid were top!
- World records 116,000 coronavirus cases in one day
- Rain likely to continue for 3 more days
- 27 more infected with COVID-19 in Barishal division
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers today
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead