Devoted workers to be made AL leaders: Quader
Published: 07:54 PM, 7 December 2019
Awami League (AL) General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said devoted persons who remained with the party in its well and woe will be made the party leaders.
“We want more disciplined and well-organized Awami League. We do not want opportunists in the party. Devoted workers will be evaluated in the party,” he said while addressing the first session of AL Chattogram District North unit’s triennial conference at the historic Laldighi Maidan in the city.
AL Presidium Member Engineer Mosharraf Hossain inaugurated the conference while Presidium Member Advocate Abdul Matin Khasru, Joint General Secretary Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Publicity and Publication Secretary and Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud, Organizing Secretary and Deputy Minister for Water Resources AKM Enamul Haque Shameem, Organizing Secretary and Deputy Minister for Education Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury Nowfel, Deputy Publicity Secretary Aminul Islam and Deputy Office Secretary and Prime Minister’s Special Assistant Barrister Biplab Barua, among others, addressed the session.
AL Chattogram District North Unit acting President ABM Fazle Karim Chowdhury chaired the function while its General Secretary MA Salam conducted it.
Quader said AL has a large number of workers so there is no need of wrongdoers in the party.
The party, he said, does not need workers like those who were involved with BUET student Abrar Fahad killing, who created chaos in the Chattogram University and who plunged college principal into pond in Rajshahi.
The AL general secretary said once Chattogram was Father of Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s strong base for achieving independence and it was also a strong base of Bangabandhu’s daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He called upon the leaders and workers of Chattogram to be united shunning quarrels.
Speaking on the occasion, Mahbubul Alam Hanif said pro-BNP lawyers have made an unprecedented incident by creating chaos in the courtroom. People of no other countries witnessed such terrible incident inside the courtroom of chief justice, he added.
Dr Hasan Mahmud said world leaders including the US president, Indian prime minister, World Bank president and its chief economist have praised the unprecedented development of Bangladesh. But BNP and its 20-party alliance could not praise the achievements of the country, he added.
Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury said BNP has become a political party based on media as now the party’s only task is to hold press conference for spreading falsehood against Awami League and the government.
Chattogram City AL Acting President Mahtab Uddin Chowdhury, Chattogram City Corporation (CCC) Mayor and City AL General Secretary AJM Nasir Uddin, Chattogram District South unit of AL President Moslem Uddin Ahmed, General Secretary Mafizur Rahman, lawmakers Didarul Alam, Mahfuzur Rahman Mita and Khadizatul Anwar Sony were present in the dais.
A huge number of leaders and workers joined the council. Later in the afternoon council session was held at the International Convention Centre in the city.
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- 4,348 affected by cold-related disease in 24 hrs
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- Teacher commits suicide over debt burden
- Jubo League’s ultimatum to eliminate Dipu
- Palestine retains Bangabandhu Gold Cup crown
- Bangladesh Air Force chief left for Egypt visit
- Cattle trader hacked in Bhangura daylight
- Pakistan clinch T20I series over Bangladesh
- China shut down 14 cities as virus toll climbs
- Bangabandhu plant to meet the crisis of pure water
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack