Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
Published: 03:12 PM, 19 July 2019 Updated: 07:13 PM, 19 July 2019
Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) has announced the cancelation of all the leaves and holidays for all of its officials and employees of Waste Management Department and Mosquito-Killing Department to accelerate the dengue control program. The announcement include the upcoming Eid holidays also.
On Friday, DNCC Mayor Atiqul Islam disclose this holiday skipping announcement at a Dengue-Chikungunya-related public awareness rally at the initiative of the DNCC at Manik Mia Avenue in the capital.
Atiqul Islam said “Their leaves have been skipped due to accelerate the killing program of Adis mosquito, which is responsible for spreading Dengue virus. Their holiday will also be canceled in the next Eid.”
He said that the DNCC pharmaceutical workers and supervisors are regularly working to control the mosquito. The name and mobile number of mosquito netting staff, supervisor and monitoring officer of each area are given on the website of the DNCC. Anyone can call them over phone.
The mayor said, Edis mosquito eggs in the clean water contained in different pots and other places left inside and outside the house. It is also called domesticated mosquito. Therefore, everyone has to be aware to prevent it.
Along with Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan, DNCC- councilors, activists and cultural personalities of the DNCC area were also present in the rally.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future