Defence argument continuing in Zia orphanage graft case
Published: 01:09 PM, 26 December 2017 Updated: 04:58 PM, 26 December 2017
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s defence lawyer is placing his closing arguments before the court on Tuesday for the fourth day in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case, UNB reported.
Advocate Abdur Rezzak Khan is placing the arguments in the case in the court of Judge Md Akhtaruzzaman of Dhaka Special Judges Court-5.
On Thursday, after recording defence argument the court fixed December 26, 27 and 28 for the defence to place further arguments in the Zia Orphanage Trust and Zia Charitable graft cases against BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia.
Earlier on November 30, the court issued an arrest warrant for Khaleda Zia in the Zia Orphanage Trust and Zia Charitable Trust graft cases after cancelling her ad-interim bail as she failed to appear before it on the day.
On December 5, after Khaleda`s deposition, the court fixed December 19, 20 and 21 for the next hearings in the two graft cases.
On October 19, the court granted bail to her upon a Tk 1 lakh bond each in the two graft cases.
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) filed the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case with Ramna Police Station On July 3, 2008 accusing Khaleda Zia, her eldest son Tarique Rahman, and four others for misappropriating over Tk 21 million (2.10 crore) that came as grants from a foreign bank for orphans.
The commission filed the Zia Charitable Trust graft case with Tejgaon Police Station on August 8, 2011 accusing four people, including Khaleda Zia, of abuse of power in raising funds for the trust from unknown sources.
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- World Mosquito Day today