Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
Published: 11:02 PM, 2 August 2019
BNP on Friday suggested the government to declare a state of emergency to tackle the deteriorating dengue situation in the country.
“Dengue has spread all over the country. Experts are saying the situation will continue to worsen. We think the government should declare a state of emergency to face the situation with united efforts,” BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said after visiting dengue patients at Labaid Hospital.
He recommended taking immediate steps to save the people instead of making it a political issue.
Fakhrul criticised the government for not taking prompt steps to procure effective insecticide to kill mosquitoes.
“The government has failed to deliver on all fronts including preventing dengue,” he said. “It acts whenever the court gives an order.”
Fakhrul said the government should now take urgent steps in consultation with doctors and relevant experts to control dengue.
In 24 hours until Friday morning, 1,687 new dengue patients were hospitalised, mostly in Dhaka. An official of the Directorate General of Health Services told UNB in the evening that the mosquito-borne disease has spread across Bangladesh.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing