‘Deal of the Century’ best betrayal of century: Iran
Published: 01:11 PM, 29 January 2020
Seyyed Abbas Mousavi
Iran has called Us President Donal Trump’s Middle East peace treaty ‘Deal of the Century’ as the “best betrayal of the century”. The country remarks that the peace treaty that was imposed on Palestine by the US is bound to fail.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Seyyed Abbas Mousavi made the remarks in a response to the release of the peace treaty plan on Tuesday.
Trump announced the plans with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House on Tuesday. However, no Palestinian leaders were not present at the announcement of the peace plan. Instead, the ambassadors from UAE, Bahrain, and Oman were present at Trump’s press conference on Tuesday.
Palestine has previously rejected the controversial and alleged peace treaty ‘Deal of the Century’. Palestinians think the Middle East will become “increasingly destabilized” if Trump’s deal is implemented.
“By promoting the plan, Trump has essentially betrayed the Palestinian people as well as the entire Muslim Ummah,” Mousavi said calling the independent countries, including the Middle East, to counter the plan.
Mousavi said the Palestinians were the real owners of the entire Palestinian territory, including Israel. “The illegal state of Israel was established by occupying Palestinian land. So the only way to resolve the crisis there is to hold a referendum between the Palestinian real Muslims, Jews and Christians so they can decide their own fate.”
He also noted that illegal Jewish immigrants from various parts of the world will be excluded from the referendum.
It is very sad that some Muslim countries have accepted this plan by completely ignoring Palestinian rights, he added.
In response to the release of the peace treaty plan, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said, “I have said a thousand times that we do not accept, do not obey.”
“We will not accept such a plan that would not allow Jerusalem al-Quds as the capital of an independent Palestine,” he also said.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks