Deadly virus’ outbreak in China, HSIA in high alert
Published: 11:18 AM, 19 January 2020
The Government has taken a special alert measure in Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) following an outbreak of a deadly new virus, similar to 'pneumonia', in China; that killed three people in Singapore and two in Thailand already.
The Health Department has taken special precautionary measures at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) with regard to domestic and foreign nationals who have already reached China.
Additional Director General of Health Services Department of Health Department and Director 'Disease Control' Dr. Sania Tahmina told the media that tourists who are coming from China will have to come through a special 'thermal scanner' at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport. A safety check will be done if the fever is found in their body.
Like the Mars-Corona virus, the person infected with the virus experiences fever. If the severity of the fever increases, breathing becomes worse. Then pneumonia may or may not occur. This is a contagious disease.
It is reported that dozens of people have been infected with a fish market in Wuhan, China. The Chinese fish market was closed from January 1 this year.
Earlier, more than 700 people died around the world in the outbreak of the SARS virus originating from China in the 2000s. At that time, around 8,000 people from 26 countries were infected with the deadly virus.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks