Deadline for submission of nominations expires Wednesday
Published: 07:59 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 07:59 PM, 27 November 2018
The deadline for submission of nomination papers to contest the upcoming parliamentary elections expires on Wednesday.
Many candidates, including those from two major political camps of the Awami League-led Grand Alliance and Dr Kamal Hossain-led Jatiya Oikyafront, will file their nomination papers on the last day.
The aspirants will have to submit their nomination papers by 5pm on Wednesday to returning officers to run the 11th national election slated for December 30.
The nomination papers will be scrutinised on December 2 and the last date for withdrawal of candidature is December 9 as per the reschedule announced by the Election Commission.
Both the Grand Alliance and Jatiya Oikyafront have yet to come up with the formal announcement over their respective candidates for 300 constituencies across the country.
BNP, the largest partner of Jatiya Oikyafront, has initially picked more than one aspirants for each of many constituencies. The party is likely to pick its final candidates just before the expiry of the deadline for the withdrawal candidature.
On November 8, the EC first announced schedule for the general election fixing December 23 for balloting.
Amid demand from opposition political parties, the Commission on November 12 deferred the national election to December 30 from December 23.
- Govt employees salary-allowances May 28
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- May plans ‘bold offer’ to get support deal
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today