NBR- tax return
Deadline extended up to Dec 2
Published: 06:00 PM, 26 November 2018 Updated: 06:00 PM, 26 November 2018
National Board of Revenue (NBR) has decided to extend the deadline by two more days until December 2 for filing income tax returns for individual taxpayers.
The decision came as November 30, the last day of submitting the tax returns, is Friday, a weekly holiday, and the next day is also a weekly holiday.
According to the NBR officials, services offered at the weeklong Income Tax Fair, which ended on November 19, will be available at all field-level offices until December 2 starting from November 22.
The NBR arranged the tax fair across the county to provide various types of services to the taxpayers.
Divisional cities, including Dhaka, held the Tax Fair for seven days while the fair took place for four days in 56 districts, two days in 32 upazila and one day in 70 upazilas.
According to the NBR, it fetched Tk 2468.94 crore from the fair across the country, which is 11.35 percent higher than that of the previous year. Last year, the deposited amount of tax in the seven-day-long fair was Tk 2217.33 crore.
This year, some 1,636,266 people took various kinds of tax-related services from the fair across the country against 1,169,569 of the last year.
Last year, some 335,487 taxpayers submitted their income tax returns while the number stood at 487,573 this time whereas the number of new electronic Tax Identification Number (e-TIN) takers is 39,743 this year against 29,254 last year.
Some 3,770 taxpayers submitted their income tax returns while some 1,160 taxpayers paid their tax through e-payment that accumulated Tk 10,048,685.
NBR Chairman M Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan asked the field-level officials to extend all-out support to the taxpayers so they could submit their returns without any hassle.
He also warned that any negligence on the part of the NBR officials will not be tolerated.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’