NBR- tax return
Deadline extended up to Dec 2
Published: 06:00 PM, 26 November 2018 Updated: 06:00 PM, 26 November 2018
National Board of Revenue (NBR) has decided to extend the deadline by two more days until December 2 for filing income tax returns for individual taxpayers.
The decision came as November 30, the last day of submitting the tax returns, is Friday, a weekly holiday, and the next day is also a weekly holiday.
According to the NBR officials, services offered at the weeklong Income Tax Fair, which ended on November 19, will be available at all field-level offices until December 2 starting from November 22.
The NBR arranged the tax fair across the county to provide various types of services to the taxpayers.
Divisional cities, including Dhaka, held the Tax Fair for seven days while the fair took place for four days in 56 districts, two days in 32 upazila and one day in 70 upazilas.
According to the NBR, it fetched Tk 2468.94 crore from the fair across the country, which is 11.35 percent higher than that of the previous year. Last year, the deposited amount of tax in the seven-day-long fair was Tk 2217.33 crore.
This year, some 1,636,266 people took various kinds of tax-related services from the fair across the country against 1,169,569 of the last year.
Last year, some 335,487 taxpayers submitted their income tax returns while the number stood at 487,573 this time whereas the number of new electronic Tax Identification Number (e-TIN) takers is 39,743 this year against 29,254 last year.
Some 3,770 taxpayers submitted their income tax returns while some 1,160 taxpayers paid their tax through e-payment that accumulated Tk 10,048,685.
NBR Chairman M Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan asked the field-level officials to extend all-out support to the taxpayers so they could submit their returns without any hassle.
He also warned that any negligence on the part of the NBR officials will not be tolerated.
- Kim in Russia for Putin summit
- Tarique’s friend Mamun gets 7-year jail
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- PM to visit Sheikh Selim’s residence
- Adulterated sweets, no one to see!
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- Two Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ to die
- Earthquake rattles northeast India, Tibet
- Bitter squash in office’s flowerpots
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- 18 detains in hunt over Sri Lanka bombings
- 2 dies after being pushed out from train
- Toll in Sri Lanka bombings rises to 359
- Verdict on 2 Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ today
- Six years of Rana Plaza Tragedy
- Emirates to face Kyrgyzstan today
- 54 feared dead in landslide at Myanmar jade mine
- Second session of 11th JS today
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Zayan’s body to arrive Dhaka today
- India warned Sri Lanka 2 hours before Suicide Attacks
- Hijra, a creature of Allah: Noor
- Online reg required for St. Martin visit
- Biman to resume Dhaka-Delhi flight from May 13
- Kim, Putin to hold first talks in Russia
- PM returns home from Brunei
- Shakib returns for SRH, CSK to bowl
- BNP on extinction boycotting JS says Tofail
- ACC interrogates Jhenaidah MP Mannan
- Special attention on Rohingyas; says CEC
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
- Adele separates from husband
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death