Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
Published: 02:13 PM, 23 August 2019
Day temperature may fall by (1-2) °C and night temperature may fall slightly over the country in the next 24 hours ending tomorrow at 9:00 am, said the Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) in a weather bulletin on Friday morning.
According to BMD weather forecast, light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at many places over Rangpur, Mymensingh, Barishal, Chattogram and Sylhet divisions.
In the meantime, rain likely to occur at a few places over Dhaka, Rajshahi and Khulna divisions with moderately heavy to heavy falls at places over the country during the period.
However, rain or thundershowers activity may decrease at the end period in the outlook for the next 72 hrs, according to BMD weather forecast.
Moreover, the mild heat wave is sweeping over Rangpur divisions and the regions of Dhaka, Sylhet, Rajshahi, and Bogura and it may abate from some places.
Meanwhile, the low over Uttar Pradesh and adjoining area merged with the monsoon axis.
The axis of monsoon trough runs through Rajsthan, Panjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and West Bengal to Assam across the central part of Bangladesh. One of its associated troughs extends up to North Bay. As a result, monsoon is fairly active over Bangladesh and moderate over North Bay.
Country’s maximum temperature recorded 37.5 degree Celsius yesterday at Dinajpur of Rangpur divisions while today’s minimum temperature recorded 25.5 degree Celsius at Badalgachhi of Rajshahi divisions.
Besides, the highest rainfall activity recorded 63mm at Badalgachhi Upazila.
Today's sunset will be at 6:25 pm and tomorrow’s sunrise will be at 5:37 am.
- Chikon Kala: Jungal of insatiable demons
- Man City hit eight in Watford demolition
- `BNP’s politics centered on illness of Khaleda Zia`
- Over 100 arrested in Paris `yellow vest` protests
- Nawaz, Iftikhar return to Pakistan side for SL ODIs
- Taylor Swift cancels concert amid animal rights criticism
- Iran issues `battlefield` warning as US deploys troops
- Shakib star as Bangladesh win over Afghanistan
- Judge dies after eating Bidya’s cook food!
- Reason behind children’s happiness
- RAB’s drive in Chattogram’s three clubs
- ‘Action to be taken wherever irregularities found’
- 3 students die in Dinajpur boat capsize
- Bangladesh seals thrilling 5-run win against India
- Four died in West Bengal in NRC panic
- Bangladesh lost both openers
- Blind-deaf travels 130 countries
- Bangladesh restrict Afghanistan to 138
- Action against all if evidence found: HM
- 20-beds hospital still not launched in 14yrs
- Ways to prevent upper lips sweat
- JU admission test starts Sunday
- Murder accused killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president on 10-day remand
- Bus supervisor killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh opt to field
- Cops look for burqa woman taking Minni’s photos!
- Bangladesh starts U-18 SAFF championship with win
- Fairytale’s Hiramon
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean