Dawn-to-dusk hartal underway in Khagrachhari
Published: 11:56 AM, 23 April 2018
A dawn-to-dusk hartal is underway in Khagrachhari district on Monday demanding immediate rescue of three abducted businessmen.
The hartal is enforced by Parbatya Bangali Chhatra Parishad.
Earlier on Friday, the Parishad gave an ultimatum to rescue the businessmen within Sunday. As police failed to rescue the businessmen they enforced the hartal.
Long-route bus communication remained suspended due to the hartal. The plying of CNG-run auto-rickshaws and human hauliers was also limited.
Besides, security measures have been strengthened to avoid any untoward incident.
Meanwhile, picketing was reported in different areas of the district.
Khagrachhari Police Station OC Shahadat Hossain Titu confirmed the information to Daily Bangladesh.
He said we are working to rescue the abducted businessmen.
On April 16, two timber traders- Md Mohoram Ali and Md Salauddin and a pick-up van driver Bahar Miah went missing when they went to buy timber from Maischhari area in Mohalchhari upazila.
- Five detained for spreading rumors over corona in Rangpur
- Boris Johnson`s pregnant girlfriend diagnosed with coronavirus
- Kathalbari-Shimulia ferry halted to prevent coronavirus
- Healthy newborn to coronavirus infected parents
- 34 more people tested for Coronavirus infection in Chattogram
- Coronavirus epidemic: Death toll surging to 65,000
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- BGMEA urges owners to shut factories until Apr 11
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Sehri and Iftar schedule revealed for upcoming Ramadan
- Coronavirus testing lab to be set-up in Cumilla
- 33 houses under lockdown in Shariatpur
- Madhukhali couple tested negative for coronavirus
- 2 Monipuri families under home quarantine
- Another woman in Gaibandha tests positive for coronavirus
- MP stands beside 800 families in Jamaganj
- Lightning kills 3 in Maheshkhali
- ‘Coronavirus test will be added to all medical college hospital’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- 2 RMG workers killed in Mymensingh road crash
- 1 killed, 15 injured in Brahmanbaria clash
- 8 types of coronavirus spread around the world
- Three physicians among 23 quarantined in Chattogram
- Call for Shab-e-Barat prayers at home
- Former Barcelona defender Carlos infected with coronavirus
- U-17 Women`s World Cup postponed
- Maximum 5pc LC margin for baby food import
- Coronavirus death surpasses 60,000
- China remembers coronavirus victims
- All News »
- School holiday draws to Eid
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Kurmitola Hospital to treat coronavirus patients only
- Army to go tough from today
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 4 held in Saudi for claiming corona is ‘punishment from Allah’
- Edu Minister for continue students’ studies at home
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- Comedian Ken Shimura died of coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Infant, younger than a year dies of coronavirus
- No new coronavirus case detected in last 24 hrs: IEDCR
- Construction work of Akij’s corona hospital resumed
- Corona epidemic: Spain record 821 more deaths in a day
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Coronavirus case rises to 49 in country
- Corona death climbs to 30,879, cases over .66m
- Citywide quarantine in Moscow
- What Trudeau’s wife says after healing from coronavirus
- US coronavirus death toll surpasses 2,000
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus