Dates: Sacred fruit during Ramadan
Published: 03:27 PM, 15 May 2019
The date palm, mentioned more than any other fruit-bearing plant in the Quran, is a symbol often associated with Islam and Muslims.
Dates “Fruit of Paradise” is considered as one of the most nutritious and delicious fruit. During the holy month of Ramadan, Muslims around the world break their fasts with dates. Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to break his fast with dates.
Apart from being a powerhouse of various minerals and vitamins, the dates have tremendous health benefits as well.
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) reported that the Prophet (PBUH) said:
“Indeed in dates, there is a cure.” Muslim (14/3)
The date fruit, also known as Khajoor, is one of the sweetest fruits and happens to comprise of many different varieties. Below are some of the essential benefits:
Good for Heart
Dates have an impressive amount of potassium and fiber that reduces the levels of LDL cholesterol in the body, preventing heart-related diseases. It’s suggested to have dates twice a week for a strong and healthy heart.
Strengthens Nervous System
Dates will give you nerves of steel. They are known to have 3 times the amount of potassium found in bananas. Potassium does wonders for our body by keeping all cardiac problems in check. The vitamin B found in dates is vital for mood balancing effects and proper nerve function.
Improves Digestive Health
Dates are an excellent remedy for digestive problems. They contain soluble fibers, amino acids, and enzymes which are a must for good digestive health and also have a rich source of potassium which is known to treat diarrhea.
So, if you are having any digestive problems, soak some dates overnight and have them in the morning, this will strengthen good bacteria in your stomach and relieve you from the discomfort in no time.
Improves Bone Health
Osteoporosis is a disease we all have heard of since it’s very common among women. This is due to the weakening of bones with age. Dates contain the perfect amount of magnesium, manganese, and selenium to strengthen our bones and make them healthy.
Treats and Prevents Anemia
Anemia is caused due to the lack of iron which reduces the red blood cells in a person’s body, making them look all pale with additional dark circles. Dates are not only boosting up the iron level in your body but also increase strength and vitality.
Acts as Natural Energy Booster
We all know how there comes a time of the day when we feel our sugar level drop and crave for something sweet. Dates are the natural and healthful energy boosters everyone needs to include in their daily diet as they contain just the right amount of glucose and fructose to get you going without providing the additional calories. Adios energy drinks!
Helps in Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Good things come in small packages. These tiny miracle workers can balance the sugar levels in your body and make you feel fuller than any junk food you’d cheat with on your diet.
Dates are also a healthy supplement for someone who wants to gain weight or does not want to lose it too fast. For those folks who want to maintain a balanced weight, having cucumbers with dates would do wonders.
Dates are the miracle food that can help reduce the awful symptoms of seasonal allergies. With high levels of organic sulfur present in it, they sure act as a tonic for allergic reactions.
Helps in Maintaining Healthy Skin and Hair
Consuming dates regularly gives a boost of Vitamin B5, C, and D which helps in repairing damaged skin cells and nourishes hair and its root. So, make sure to add dates to your diet for baby smooth skin and the shiny, strong hair you’ve always dreamed of.
- Brazil records highest 27,312 daily coronavirus cases again
- Wife-children did not near to deceased in fear of coronavirus
- George Floyd had coronavirus
- Businessman died of coronavirus in Feni
- HC’s hearing on fare hike in public transport today
- Spain recorded one coronavirus death in four days
- Today’s Sports on TV
- Happy Birthday Angelina Jolie
- 6 sued over deaths in United Hospital fire
- Drive to check Dengue, Chikungunya begins June 6
- Child cries to get affection from COVID-19 infected father
- Jamalpur-2 MP tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 388,000 globally
- 26 more tested coronavirus positive in Bogura
- Elderly man died despite Police donate blood
- Wuhan tests nearly 10 million people, finds 300 cases
- Sylhet reports 55 fresh coronavirus cases
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Reserves cross $34 bn for first time amid coronavirus
- COVID-19 cases in Chattogram exceed 3,500
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 385,000 globally
- Fall in stock market on 4th working day
- Primary schools, kindergartens to remain closed till June 15
- 2 children drowned in Noakhali
- Global coronavirus deaths toll surpass 383,000
- Ministry asks for students-teachers’ info to develop TV class
- 140 stranded Bangladeshis return from Malaysia
- Tk 1.7lakhs charged for COVID-19 treatment, returned with apology
- 5 dead, 57 injured in chemical factory explosion in Gujarat
- Consumer rights protection DD Shahriar recovers from COVID-19
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO