DU student rape: Books, inhalers recovered
Published: 03:17 PM, 6 January 2020 Updated: 03:20 PM, 6 January 2020
Bags, wristwatch, pens and pant were recovered from the scene of rape of a second-year student of Dhaka University (DU) in the capital’s Kurmitola area. In addition, the student’s books and inhalers were also found.
Members of the law enforcers have identified the scene and collected evidence from the bushes in Kurmitola on Monday morning.
In addition to the RAB, a team from the Police Intelligence’s Detective Branch (DB) monitored the scene.
The student’s father filed a case with the Cantonment police on Sunday night.
Confirming the matter, the Cantonment Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Kazi Shahan Haq said, “A case has been lodged with the police station after the DU student’s father’s complaint. The accused will be arrested very soon.”
Kazi Shahan Haque said senior police officers of the Gulshan department met the girl at Dhaka Medical College Hospital and also spoke to the family.
The student got on a university bus at 5:30 pm for going to a friend’s house. After reaching the Kurmitola bus stand area at 7:30 pm, the miscreants grabbed her from behind, gagged her and took her to an isolated place nearby. Later she was raped and tortured.
Later, the student who appeared to be traumatized and disoriented at the hospital, told her fellow students that she fainted at the time and regained consciousness after 10:00 pm. She then called her friends - rescued her and brought her to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
She was admitted to the One-Stop Crisis Centre (OCC) at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) at around 1:45 am on Monday. She is currently undergoing treatment there.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar