DU publishes draft candidates’ lists for DUCSU
Published: 09:53 PM, 27 February 2019
The primary candidates’ lists of Dhaka University Central Students’ Union (DUCSU) and hall union polls were published today after primary scrutiny.
The much-awaited election is going to be held on March 11 after 29 years. The voter list is now available on the Ducsu website: ducsu.du.ac.bd.
Any objection about the primary voter list will be entertained after informing DU Vice-Chancellor and DUCSU president Prof. Akhtaruzzaman till 28 February (tomorrow) noon. The final voter list will be published on March 3.
According to the primary list of candidates published on the university website today evening, a total of 20 candidates will vie for the vice president (VP) post, 12 candidates will contest for general secretary (GS) post and 13 candidates will run for assistant general secretary (AGS) post in the DUCSU poll.
A total of 11 candidates will vie for liberation war secretary post, 9 each for science and technology secretary post and common room and cafeteria secretary post, 13 for international affairs secretary post, 8 for literary secretary post, 12 for cultural secretary post, 11 for sports secretary post, 10 for student transport secretary post, 15 for social welfare secretary post and 88 for member posts in the DUCSU election.
Candidates are now busy exchanging greetings with general students to drum up support for them.
Aspirants and activists of different students’ bodies were seen talking with students to know about their demand.
VP candidate from Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) Md Rezwanul Haque Chawdhury Shovon exchanged greetings with the general students today.
Shovon said, “We will start our formal campaign from March 3 after publication of the final candidates list. We are now busy with students to know their demands and problems. We along with general students want to make DU as a dream campus. Students will exercise their franchise without fear to choose their representatives.”
Left-leaning students’ bodies, Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal and aspirants from other panels were also seen talking with students.
VP candidate from Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) Mustafizur Rahman also started view exchanges with students on the campus.
“We are now exchanging greetings only with students and telling them about our aims,” he added.
Liton Nandi, a vice president candidate from the left-leaning jote said, “We are going to the students and letting them know about our plans”.
As per amended constitution of DUCSU, election will be held to 25 posts of DUCSU and 13 posts of every hall union. Students can cast their votes for DUCSU and hall unions’ candidates from 8am to 2pm without any break on March 11.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach