DU publishes draft candidates’ lists for DUCSU
Published: 09:53 PM, 27 February 2019
The primary candidates’ lists of Dhaka University Central Students’ Union (DUCSU) and hall union polls were published today after primary scrutiny.
The much-awaited election is going to be held on March 11 after 29 years. The voter list is now available on the Ducsu website: ducsu.du.ac.bd.
Any objection about the primary voter list will be entertained after informing DU Vice-Chancellor and DUCSU president Prof. Akhtaruzzaman till 28 February (tomorrow) noon. The final voter list will be published on March 3.
According to the primary list of candidates published on the university website today evening, a total of 20 candidates will vie for the vice president (VP) post, 12 candidates will contest for general secretary (GS) post and 13 candidates will run for assistant general secretary (AGS) post in the DUCSU poll.
A total of 11 candidates will vie for liberation war secretary post, 9 each for science and technology secretary post and common room and cafeteria secretary post, 13 for international affairs secretary post, 8 for literary secretary post, 12 for cultural secretary post, 11 for sports secretary post, 10 for student transport secretary post, 15 for social welfare secretary post and 88 for member posts in the DUCSU election.
Candidates are now busy exchanging greetings with general students to drum up support for them.
Aspirants and activists of different students’ bodies were seen talking with students to know about their demand.
VP candidate from Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) Md Rezwanul Haque Chawdhury Shovon exchanged greetings with the general students today.
Shovon said, “We will start our formal campaign from March 3 after publication of the final candidates list. We are now busy with students to know their demands and problems. We along with general students want to make DU as a dream campus. Students will exercise their franchise without fear to choose their representatives.”
Left-leaning students’ bodies, Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal and aspirants from other panels were also seen talking with students.
VP candidate from Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) Mustafizur Rahman also started view exchanges with students on the campus.
“We are now exchanging greetings only with students and telling them about our aims,” he added.
Liton Nandi, a vice president candidate from the left-leaning jote said, “We are going to the students and letting them know about our plans”.
As per amended constitution of DUCSU, election will be held to 25 posts of DUCSU and 13 posts of every hall union. Students can cast their votes for DUCSU and hall unions’ candidates from 8am to 2pm without any break on March 11.
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020