Question leakage and admission fraud
DU expels 63 students for life
Published: 12:12 PM, 14 January 2020
The Dhaka University (DU) authorities on Tuesday have expelled 63 students for life over question leakage and admission fraud.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the DU’s Disciplinary Council at 10:30 am. With this, the number of students expelled for life in the case of fraud has risen to 78.
Earlier on June 23 last year, the CID filed a chargesheet against 125 people, including 87 students of the University, for question leakage and fraud in the Dhaka University admission test.
Two chargesheets - Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Act and the Public Examination Act - were filed where the DU authorities had expelled 15 people involved in the incident and the remaining were given the notice to show cause.
The university authorities decided to expel 63 more people for life as the reply was not satisfactory.
The decision was taken at a meeting where the Dhaka University’s question leakage and admission fraud was discussed, said Professor AKM Golam Rabbani, proctor of the university.
On October 20, 2017, the CIS arrested two students — Mohiuddin Rana, co-secretary of Chhata League’s central commitee and Abdullah Al Mamun — from Shahidullah Hall on the night before Dhaka University’s ‘Gha’ unit admission test. During this, they found an electronic device that looked like an ATM card, which communicated with the examinee during the test.
The next day, the CID filed a case against them under Section 63 of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Act and Section 9 (Kha) of the Public Examination Act of 1980 with Shahbagh Police Station.
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services resume
- 172 students to get Prime Minister Gold Medal
- Death toll climbs to 18 in Delhi clashes
- Barcelona draw with Napoli
- ‘Coronavirus outbreak is inevitable in US’
- South Africa faces Australia today
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services suspended
- 2 motorcyclists killed in Demra road crash
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- 200 yrs old silver coins recovered from abandoned house
- Delhi clash: Death toll rises to 13
- Housewife committed suicide in Pirojpur
- Average life expectancy will be 80 by 2041
- Principal among 4 held for killing madrasa girl after rape
- $3 billion defense deal signed between US and India
- Deputy Health Minister of Iran contracts coronavirus
- Pranab, Bidhya Devi to address JS special session
- Realme launches ‘Made in Bangladesh’ phone
- `Maldives` experience should be utilized in tourism development`
- Pilkhana Tragedy: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 2 pharmacies fined Tk 50,000 in Brahmanbaria
- Women dies in police custody
- Fraud smugglers detained with fake gold
- Japan to give more $ 10.7 million to aid Rohingya
- ‘No shortage in coronavirus test kits’
- Foods to take after exercise to reduce weight
- 6 Indian SC judges infected with swine flu
- Yellow buds enhancing beauty in trees
- CSE gets new chairman
- 4 killed in Lakshmipur car-auto rickshaw collision
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Video of principal’s dance in Hindi songs goes viral
- SME Product Fair Magura from Feb 22