DSE turnover hits 4-month high
Published: 07:57 PM, 6 January 2019 Updated: 07:57 PM, 6 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
With active participation of investors, the daily turnover value at Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) on Sunday crossed Taka 1,000 crore, the highest in around four months.
The trade value at DSE increased to Taka 1,026.77 crore from the previous session’s Taka 924.91 crore. It was the highest turnover since Taka 1,064.85 crore on September 13, last year. The daily trade also rose to 31.42 crore shares from 26.95 crore shares of the previous session.
The broader DSEX of the DSE finished the day with 96.53 points up at 5,687.01. The blue-chip DS30 and Shariah DSES also followed the same trend with 32.10 points up at 1,974.09 and with 23.98 points up at 1,295.35 respectively.
Out of the 346 issues traded at the DSE, 265 issues gained against 62 losing issues.
The top five gainers of the week were Janata Insurance, United Insurance, Apollo Isphat, DSSL and CVOPRL. The major losing issues of the week were Sonargaon, PAROMOUNT, EMERALDOIL, BANGAS and MlDYEING.
The top five turnover leaders were BBS Cables, PTL, Beximco, VFSTDL and BRAC Bank.
The Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) closed the day of the week with upward trend with its major CASPI 288.57 points up at 17,455.44.
CSE, issues traded 273 while 202 closed higher against 53 closed lower when 2.14 crore shares worth Taka 53.01 crore changed hands.
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- Heatwave kills 40 in Bihar in a day
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight