DRU new committee takes over
Published: 07:42 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 07:44 PM, 5 December 2018
Newly-elected office-bearers and members of Dhaka Reporters Unity (DRU) took over charge from the out-going committee for the next one year at a function at Sagor-Runi auditorium in city’s Segunbagicha area here today.
Chaired by outgoing President Saiful Islam, the function was addressed by the newly elected President Elias Hossain and General Secretary Kabir Ahmed Khan.
DRU General Secretary Syed Shukkur Ali Shuvo conducted the event.
The President and the General Secretary of the outgoing committee greeted the newly-elected committee leaders with flowers.
Speaking briefly on the occasion, newly elected President Elias sought cooperation from all DRU members in running the organization.
The DRU election of the Executive Committee was held on November 30 last where some 1,148, among 1,477, voters cast their votes in the election held at the DRU office.
Elias Hossain of SA TV and Kabir Ahmed Khan of Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) were elected president and general secretary respectively for the next one year.
Other elected office bearers are vice-president Khandoker Kawser Hossain, joint secretary Jamiul Ahman Shipu, finance secretary Ziaul Haque Sabuj, organizing secretary Afjal Bari, office secretary Zehad Hossain Chowdhury, women affairs secretary Sajida Islam Parul, publicity and publications secretary Sheikh Mahmud-E-Riyat, training and research secretary Abdul Hai Tuhin, sports secretary Shafiqul Islam Shamim, cultural secretary Md Emdadul Haque Khan, entertainment secretary H M Akhter and welfare secretary Kawsar Azam.
Executive members are Mohiuddin, Khalid Saifullah, Badol Nur, Mohammad Maksudul Hasan, Mohammad Naimuddin, Rashedul Haque and Md. Shahabuddin Mahtab.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’