DNCC mayor-elect Atiqul calls on PM
Published: 09:27 PM, 1 March 2019
Mayor-elect of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Atiqul Islam called on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official Ganabhaban residence here this evening.
The mayor-elect greeted the premier by presenting her with a bouquet.
The Prime Minister also congratulated Atiqul Islam on being elected as the DNCC mayor and wished him success in performing his responsibilities.
AL Advisory Council Members Amir Hossain Amu, Tofail Ahmed and Rashidul Haque, Presidium Members Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim, Dr Abdur Razzak and Muhammad Faruk Khan, Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi, AL Joint Secretaries Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Dr Dipu Moni and Abdur Rahman, Organising Secretary Barrister Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury, Office Secretary Abdus Sobhan Golap and Deputy Office Secretary Barrister Biplab Barua were present.
Besides, Dhaka North City AL General Secretary Sadek Khan, MP, Abdus Salam Murshedi, MP, FBCCI President Shafiul Islam Mohiuddin and BGMEA President Siddiqur Rahman were present.
Awami-League (AL-nominated candidate Atiqul Islam was unofficially elected mayor to the DNCC by-polls last night.
He secured 8,39,302 votes with ‘Boat’ symbol while his nearest contestant Shafin Ahmed of Jatiya Party bagged 52,429 votes with ‘plough’ symbol.
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday