DMP guidelines on Thirty-first Night
Published: 07:02 PM, 31 December 2020 Updated: 07:02 PM, 31 December 2020
The Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has issued instructions to control traffic in the capital on the occasion of the Thirty-first Night of English New Year.
This information was given in a press release signed by DMP Commissioner Mohammad Shafiqul Islam.
The DMP traffic control guidelines are —
- Kamal Ataturk Avenue (Kakli Crossing) and Mohakhali Amtali Crossing can be used to enter Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara areas by vehicle from 8:00 pm on 31 December to 5:00 am on 1 January the next day. In that case, the residents living in Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara have been requested to enter the area by 8:00 pm on 31 December.
- Mohakhali Area-Phoenix Road Crossing, Banani 11th No. Road Crossing, Chairman Bari Crossing, Dhaka Gate, Shooting Club, Badda Link Road, DOHS Baridhara-United Hospital Crossing and Notun Bazar Crossing cannot be used to enter Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara area from 8:00 pm. In this case, these crossings can be used to exit from those areas.
- Similarly, students, teachers and staff of Dhaka University will be able to enter the DU area by vehicles only from Shahbagh Crossing from 6:00 pm on 31 December to 6:00 am on 1 January the next day. Therefore, everyone has been requested to keep their NID cards with them.
- No vehicles will enter TSC, Romana Square, Dhaka Medical Center, Jagannath Hall Crossing, Bhaskorjo Crossing, Palashi Crossing, Bakshi Bazar Crossing, Doel Chattar Crossing and Shahidullah Hall Crossing from 6:00 pm on 31 December, however, these crossings can be used only to exit.
- All types of vehicles coming from the High Court Crossing will be able to take the left-turn at Doel Chattar and exit through Chankharpool Crossing through Shahidullah Hall.
- Appropriate legal action will be taken against those who drive recklessly, drunk and in dangerous situations.
In case of urgent need related to road use, it has been asked to call the mentioned number —
DC Traffic (Gulshan) 01320-044360, ADC Traffic (Gulshan) 01320-044361, AC Traffic (Gulshan) 01320-044372, AC Traffic (Mohakhali) 01320-044375, DC Traffic (Ramna) 01320-042260, ADC Traffic (Ramna) 01320-042261, DC (Gulshan) 01320-041420 and DC (Ramna) 01320-039440.