DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
Published: 07:16 PM, 29 December 2019 Updated: 08:56 PM, 29 December 2019
The 25th Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF)-2020 will begin at the ground on the west of Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in the city on January 1, 2020.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to inaugurate the month-long trade fair, organized jointly by the Commerce Ministry and Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
The authorities concerned have already completed all preparations to hold the fair on around 26 acres of land in a peaceful atmosphere.
Adequate measures have been taken by the police administration to ensure safety and security of the local and foreign visitors.
EPB Director General Avijit Chowdhury said all preparations, including construction of stalls, have already been completed. The entire fair venue will be under CC camera coverage to ensure safety and security of visitors, he added.
Around 450 stalls and pavilions, including premium pavilions, foreign pavilions, and mini foreign pavilions, have been constructed in the fair venue, he said.
Traders from over 21 countries, including India, Bhutan, Pakistan, China, the United States, the United Kingdom, Nepal, Japan, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, and Arab Emirates will participate in the fair.
Marking the celebration of birth centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, a special pavilion has been constructed for presenting the life and works of Bangabandhu.
- Taiwan records its first coronavirus death as global toll passes
- Students must lead to build drug-free society: Menon
- Qatar keen to recruit skilled manpower from Bangladesh
- Central Zone sniffs victory with Shanto’s double century
- Singapore expatriate wife leaves home over coronavirus panic
- Meeting between Managing Directors of DSE, CSE
- ‘Basic Concept of Islamic Banking’ workshop held
- Bandits kill 30 in northwest Nigeria attack: police
- Coronavirus could damage global growth in 2020: IMF
- Interest rates reduced in Post Office saving schemes
- College-boy killed in Lalmonirhat road accident
- Russian solder proposes using 16 tanks
- 2 doctors killed in Tangail road crash
- Perfect weight according to height
- 2 motorcyclist killed in Sunamganj road crash
- How much salt needed to lose weight?
- Bkash agent killed in Jashore road crash
- Sharif joins housing and public works ministry
- Arvind Kejriwal takes oath
- 50,000 people suffer for lack of bridge
- Legal procedures to follow for Khaleda`s parole: Anisul
- Two killed in Tangail road accident
- Yasir hits career-best knock as North Zone takes lead
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Accused in multiple cases in Sirajganj detained
- Husband with arms, wife having bullets detained
- Motorcyclist killed in Kushtia road crash
- Haven`t received Khaleda Zia`s parole appel: Kamal
- Six World Cup-winning U-19 players in BCB XI
- Bogura-1, Jashore-6 and CCC polls Mar 29
- All News »
- Massacre in Thailand: Killer army shot dead
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- Bangladesh clinch maiden U-19 World Cup
- Soldier who killed 26 in Thailand shot dead
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- Bangladesh under pressure as Bishnoi strikes thrice
- Soumya to get married this month
- Young Tigers to face India
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Teacher jailed for providing cheat sheets
- Soumya with future wife
- Young Tigers need 178-run to win WC
- Bangladesh-India XIs in U-19 final
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Avishek hunts India first
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666